December 29, 2012

What was Andy Reids heroin addicted son doing with Steroids?

I would like to get a further explanation as to why Andy reids son was at the Eagle training facility with a batch of steroids.  From what i gather he didnt have steroids in his system.  Can anyone say what Reids son was doing with the steroids.  Was he selling them or giveing them to eagle players.  Someone needs to investigate this little matter.

32 Comments:
  • [not displayed: comment from locked account]
  • who is looking into it Reid and Lurie or the police,FDA or FBI
  • IDK, but as soft as some of these guys have played this season it does make one wonder what happened to their games. Has Trent Cole really gotten this bad in one season? Not saying he was juicing, but where has he been?
  • We would be foolish to think that steroid use is rampant in the NFL but not with with "our" Eagles. Not condoning it...just stating that the possibilty is obviously there. Still, I'm not going to judge anyone on pure speculation...I'll leave that up to hollywoodeagle. Nobody does it...I was going to type better but I think I'll just go with...nearly as much.
  • Guys cheat all the time and I wouldn't put it mast my beloved Eagles to do the same. Hey if they aren't cheating then they aren't trying. Lack of trying has been a big part of a lot of the big names on this team lately. They do more talking than trying. Ask one if these fools and I bet they would still tell people they are one of the best teams in the league. They need a new HC to put them in their place.
  • Rodgers-Cromartie was still swearing that the Eagles secondary was the best in the league a few weeks ago. Closer to the worst than the best Rodgers-Cromartie...closer to the worst!
  • It's a clear and present lack of accountability when it comes to the Eagles. The blame can only fall on Reid himself. People who want him back are stupid.
  • I don't know about blaming Reid for all the smack his players talk. I think coaches know that it is the way of the NFL right now and just like parents with their kids, you have to pick your fights. It's the new breed, Eazy. I don't like watching players down by 3-4 scores celebrating after a tackle, I don't like hearing the constant talk without the play but I would guess that it happens all over the league...we see it on the field every week. A new nonsense coach could help but you just never know...the Eagles could bring in a coach or he could bring in an assistant who not only would feed off that...does it himself. One of the things I hated about Buddy Ryan was his brash talk (you can see where his sons get it from). Coaches like that are rare but they are out there.
  • I think these guys need a Tom Coughlin like guy. Earn it before you talk it. I think it's more than just the talking. The lack of discipline and focus on the field. The fumbling and lack of fundamentals like tacking. It all goes back to coaching.
  • Can't argue there although Troy Vincent might. He said part of it is on the players themselves.
  • The players aren't pulling their weight, but where is
    the coach to bench them and hold them accountable?
    How does Nnamdi keep being allowed to go out there
    with no accountability for his mistakes?
  • I have to agree with you on Trent. He looks lighter and not as ripped. Just an observation. I think alot of players use them and the system to check is highly random. But when a cioaches son dies in a player facility and has them in that facility wll thats a big no no.
  • I don't think anyone can truly say Garrett was distributing to players, but he was a drug dealer and addict. The fact he was in campus with any dugs is unacceptable. The fact he had steroids is bad for this coach and this organization. Yet another reason why the Reid way of doing things needs to move on. I don't recall what Reid's son looked like at the time of his death, but I remember him to be more chunky than built. I also don't recall any toxicology report stating he had steroids in his system. This has potential to blow up on the Eagles.
  • Eagles are in a very strange situation. They cant start over and clean house but they dont have a QB without Vick. This isnt a seattle or SF situation. They have some personnel but not enough and they arent really that young. They need a veteran QB to get right back at it. To dismatle and get rid of everyone means they havent hit bottom and that would take years to recover from. They need to identify a nucleus of players and move forward. I think its a mistake to go with a college coach. They need a guy like Dungy.
  • Aren't really that young? Do you pay attention at all? I'm not sure where they are at right now but at the beginning of the season they were one of the youngest teams. Cutting Babin couldn't have made them any older and cutting Vick will probably drop the average down more depending on where they go for that veteran back up if they choose that route. I'm convinced you never do any research when looking up your claims. Maybe you should start.

By the way, Lurie has hired NFL assistant coaches so far. Might be a good chance he sticks with that.
  • They dont have many rookie starters other than Kendricks. The bad draftes made them older. But froma standpoint of the rest of the league they are a youndg team. The Eagles keep less players after rookie contracts expire than most teams. They are perpetually young. But now they have some veterans. They are actually moving into their prime.
  • Cox is a starter, Kelly has started plenty of games this year. Not MANY rookie starters but they have plenty of young starters.

Sometimes teams can't keep every player going into their second contracts...it is a good place to let go players that just haven't panned out and MOST of the players you always bring up fit that bill. By the way, Ray Didinger had a list of players the Eagles should move on from on the Eagles post game show and 3 of "your" guys are on that list. Vick obviously, Kurt Coleman (and yes he had Nate Allen and the rest of the starting secondary on the list) and Mike Patterson all made his list.
  • They are young by league standards but not by Eagle standards. I dont think Coleman a seventh round draft pick was ever expected to start. The fact that he beat out two #2 draft picks and a couple other veterans proves that he was a good pick for a seventh rounder. Hes a role player starting. Just like Foles is a role player. Just like Avant is a role player . Just like Cooper is arole player. This team has a talent shortage if you havent noticed. But I wouldnt place Patterson in that group and my guess he will be back unless he is an unrestricted free agent. You could place almost every eagle on that list but you need to realize many of these guys stopped playing early on. Thats the Reid legacy. Now its time to fix it.
  • League standards but not Eagle standards? What exactly is that supposed to mean? Just you spinning with your mumbo jumbo when someone catches you typing something dumb. I absolutely agree with what you are typing about Coleman NOW!
  • It won't be much longer now. The end to a garbage year, by a garbage team. It is time for Lurie to take out the trash. Regime change is in the air and here at last.
  • To put it politely.... Nnamdi stinks!
  • I know I was typing that the dead money may keep him here but week after week he shows that he either doesn't care or that he simply can't play anymore. The Eagles may have to move on or they won't be sending the right message to the players that remain.
  • Watching Nnamdi and Vick both get benched made me think one thing. Too little too late.
  • what Im worried about is a college coach thinking they can fix this mess. Its going to take a NFL coach or colordinator thats got respect throughout the league to jump in and straighten this out. Foles will be a disaster and get any new coach off to a bad start. let the QB seasrch begin or comeback and give Vick another crack at it. Folding up tent now and slashing and burning will cost years. There are some players on the roster that can keep them competitive.
  • Andy is out!
  • [not displayed: comment from locked account]
  • Just saw it on NFL network. They said Reid was told on Friday he was out. Official on Monday.
  • Great day. Now we ca see if things are going to really change or be just business as usual. Its on Lurie now.
  • 14 years he keeps the same head coach and when he finally let's him go you ask...is it business as usual? Honestly? It will be interesting to see how quickly you start ripping on the new coach. I guess that you start ripping on him roughly around draft time by at the very least calling him Lurie's puppet.
  • depends on who they pick. I think he will not go the college route. This team isnt on the cusp of the playoffs. They need a crafty veteran NFl coach or strong coordinator to make this wreck work.
  • They need to make the right choice regardless of where he comes from. College coaches have a high percentage of failure but the man you can credit with handing your favorite owner his Super Bowl Championships was a very good choice.
  • Man you're like the flips rite lol. Already starting to bash the new before we even know who he is. No sense in worrying about how things will be. With that being the case Reid had a real good run here. If things go like early Reid here and add a bowl victory or two I will be more than happy.
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Best gift ever given for a jersey number?

Kent State center dies unexpectedly

Ref avoided doing Redskins games due to team name

Schilling: Tobacco caused mouth cancer

Most indispensables college players

WATCH: Bryan Cox's sex revelation

Ex-NFL LB diagnosed with ALS

Mo'Ne Davis makes cover of SI

Ditka's misguided Redskins remarks

Marbury to star in play about Marbury

Breakout college players for 2014

Best and worst of Monday Night Raw

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.