July 01, 2013

WHAT YOU DON'T GET IS....

NOBODY here WANTS the Eagles to lose. Let's be clear on that. 

Frankly, I'd rather be wrong about my assessment of the coach. While me being RIGHT won't help me at all, me being WRONG would help some of my friends financially

I have PLENTY of motivation to be wrong.

Unfortunately no matter how you turn the events that have transpired so far, there is no way to spin Charles Kelly into the picture of a guy who knows what he doing, AT THIS LEVEL. 

His staff is LOADED with doormats. His players have been poorly prepped and they have no sense of where they stand. 

Some fans will say that that is a GOOD thing. That nothing should be a given. This is wrong. NOBODY in any profession performs well in an environment built on uncertainty. Would you be better at your job if you never knew what was expected of you, or who you were working with on a daily basis? No. And you'd probably hate it. It's one of the reasons management staffs of all stripes prize stability. 

"maintained his stance that every position on the team is open to competition".

Do you know who that comment was made about? Oakland Raider Coach Dennis Allenhttp://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraiders/2013/06/11/notes-quotes-and-observations-from-mini-camp-day-1/

Do you know why Coach made that statement? Because EVERY coach makes that same statement EVERY year. But it's a weighted statement. Guys on the Jay Cutler, Pierre Garcon, or Lamarr Houston level don't really have to worry about their spot. None of these guys are world beaters, but they're solid starters who are clearly the most talented players at those positions, on their respective teams. Benching them would be silly at best. Competition is great, but really, you put your best guy out there.

Winners have confidence. Confidence is NOT borne from instability or insecurity. While you may see only midnight green, the players wearing it are Human Beings. If you put bad in to a man, you will not get good out.

Evaluating the future stars of the WWE

If sports fans made honest signs...

MLB hitters to start worrying about

10 must-see NFL games in 2014

Gallery: The best of Blair O'Neal

NFL teams with the biggest adjustments to make

10 of our favorite pitches by Baseball Prospectus

Best bargain NFL free agents still available

What your stadium food choice says about you

10 biggest misses by NFL Draft experts

Leanna Decker power ranks the NBA playoffs

Hockey fights of the year

Five ways to improve the NFL draft

Video: Stanley Cup celebrations since '49

Updated NBA Draft early entries list

BARKER BEAUTIES
WANT MORE?
FOLLOW YARDBARKER:
Youtube_32 Twitter_32 Facebook_32 Rss_32 Email_32
Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.