November 02, 2012

Where Do People Think This Team Is Going?

Assuming the Eagles are going to become something they really haven't shown they are capable of being for some time now, I wonder what are people expectations for this team. Are people still having the "we can be the Giants and get hot" dream? Are people feeling like "all we need to do is make the playoffs" thinking? If you are then what is the point of that mentality other than to save Andy Reid's job? Is that worth saving? After looking like a man who has lost control of the Eagles, is his job worth saving? He's no Bill Cowher. Waiting for a Super Bowl to come from this man stuck with a team filled with complacency is a effort in futility. What is the goal? Is it to put on a good face? Is it to ASSume that reality if fantasy and that in the future this team is going to be something they aren't. Will Vick be and MVP type quarterback ever again? Will this patchwork line suddenly become the Redskins Hogs of old? Will Andy Reid suddenly have a change of philosophy and run the ball more. Will guys like Trent Cole and Babin run their mouths less and run down quarterbacks more? Will Nnamdi play like a guy who is actually still motivated to play football. I can't answer any of these questions with a resounding yes. I need to see them show me they can do these things. The need to stop telling me they can do these things. It's like the junkie who will say anything to get their fix. This team will say anything to show how great they are. It's too bad they don't realize that in a sport of action that is precisely what is called for. In a sport of debate they would be Super Champions. 

Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

The NBA's most overpaid players

MLB players likely to be traded by July 31st

10 best WWE matches of 2014 so far

Breaking down NFL MVP odds

The best GMs in the NFL today

Best 40 and under college football coaches

Most underpaid players in the NBA

Trade needs for each MLB contender

Who is the #1 fantasy football pick?

Most exciting walkoffs of the week

Way-too-early 2014 bowl projections

NBA free agency and trade tracker

BARKER BEAUTIES
Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.