October 17, 2013

Who Do We Play This Week?

Lost in all of the quarterback talk has been the fact the Eagles have an early showdown for first place in the division. None of us truly expected us to be in this position with a new coach and so many changes. Still our birds have a chance to be in first place around 3:30pm on Sunday thanks to a home win that hasn't occurred in over a year. This game could go either way. Both teams have struggling defenses learning new systems. Both have offenses capable of scoring a lot of points. This game would have been the Sunday night or Monday night game 5 years ago, now it's a 1:00 game, but that doesn't take away from the importance of it. Nick Foles and this offense is running high, and Foles has a score to settle with the team that beat him thanks to some untimely fumbles. This time Foles has his horses, and Dallas won't know what hit them. Right now they may want to get themselves some of Foles, but they are going to wish they didn't by the time the game is over. Eagles 31 Cryboys 24.

7 Comments:
  • It isn't lost in all this talk. Can't wait. Two weeks ago I would not have enjoyed even this game as much but Foles starting has given me new football life. Come on Sunday!
  • Foles starting is an added plus to this game, but it's the Cryboys for the early division lead. Gotta love it!
  • With maclin I expected us to be better than 3-3 at this point. When he went down so did my expectations. What I didn't see was the rest of the division being this bad. Well skins and dallass yea. But the vagiants? Who seen them being this bad? 3-3 isn't a surprise for us to me. 0-6 for the giants is a huge surprise. I could see them 4-2 or a strong 3-3 team. This division is ours for the taking. If foles has a strong game against the cowboys, who I think have the players to challenge him, I'll stop with the him not being ready. We need to end this year long losing streak. 27-17 go birds.
  • If they win they may have to do it in a shoot out ...that's what everyone is expecting with these two struggling defenses anyway and both offenses playing well right now...we'll see. My comments about Foles earlier weren't stating that he's ready to be that franchise QB...I just want the Eagles to find out if he can be that guy by year's end. Second year QBs will have some downs...we all know Foles or any QB won't pass for 3 TDs and a 133.3 passer rating every week but let's hope that Foles continues to impress at a high rate this week to help break that losing streak...the Eagles just may need it.
  • 20 defensively Foles had a bigger challenge against Tampa. The Cryboys defense sucks as bad as ours. Here's where I think Foles can truly separate himself from the Kolb assumption though. Through Kolb's entire career every time he had a chance to step up and seize an opportunity he choked misreably. From getting injured to playing poorly when he had a chance to win the job he fell flat on his face and sometimes that was in the locker room shower. Dude is kind of pathetic in that area. Now Foles has a legit shot to quiet all of his critics ans seize this job. Will choke like Kevin Kolb did or will he step up? We will find out Sunday.
  • I have predicted the last two games so I will try for trifecta. Eagles 24 Dallas 20. Hope this isnt the kiss of death.
  • I think the score will be higher.
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

See A&M's sick new locker room

New Redskins stadium in the works

Ranking the top 10 NFL running backs

Josh Shaw admits faking rescue story

Writers talk KD's big sponsor choice

Boxer in custody after shooting cousin

Gordon a contender for AL MVP?

Second-year NFL breakout players

Boris Becker's gross case of tennis elbow

ESPN 'regrets' Sam showering report

'Madden 15' has hilarious glitches

Gordon's suspension upheld by NFL

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.