January 28, 2013

WHY ALL THESE RAIDER POSTS???

MOST Eagles fans don't care about the Raiders. This is not news. 

I come here to talk NFL football. Currently the Eagles aren't giving me anything to discuss (we don't even have a staff, and you all know I don't get much into rumors). The Raiders on the other hand, are rather busy with changing the culture of Raider football. We're going into the year 2 A.D. (After Davis), so there's much for them to do of course.

This gives me something to say, just nothing Eagles to say. I'd say it on the Raider page, but that would mean I enjoy talking to myself. And I don't. 

If you look you'll see that I am getting some feedback here on my Raiders though. (Not surprising as the Raider's Silver and Black travels about as well as the Cowboy's Lone Star.) Depending on how much support I can generate here on YB's most popular page, if traffic picks up and becomes too much of a hassle on this page, I may try to migrate it to the (dead) Raider page on YB. Otherwise I'll just keep Raider Nation East to a small (and occasional) corner of this page.

These days there's enough barely relevant content that goes on this page to not begrudge some ACTUAL NFL content. Seriously. Energy drinks have never been subject matter on this site; the Urawa Red Diamonds play baseball on the other side of the planet, and that's also where the girl band Sphere has their densest fan base. But we shrug and go on with our day when these post come about.

If we can see our way to not minding that content, surely we can show some consideration to a past-time we all share. And it's not like we're even talking about a division rival. 

6 Comments:
  • I just told someone else that calling a Raider fan Al Davis is a hell of an honor. Columbus claiming this continent led to it's takeover. Same with most occupations. Relax. I have no intention of taking over the Eagles page.
  • its also yardbarker.....nothings going to change...
  • Judging by the lack of outrage on this post, I'm going to take a guess and figure that while Eagle fans may not LIKE what I'm doing. that they GET what I'm doing, and why I'm doing it.

Eagle fans aren't usually given much credit for "getting" much. It's good to see that the stereotype doesn't always hold true.
    Thanks guys.
  • No need to kill anyone.

Once upon a time I was one of the WORST mudslingers on this site. I personally have run 3 or 4 (maybe more) members off this page. The site slowed down, the posting got stale. I realized I was wrecking the site that I loved. To save it I had to stop. I had to grow up.

I took a look around and saw that me growing up alone wouldn't help the cesspool that YB had become, so I tried organizing a "clean up committee" of members to what the admins weren't doing: cracking down on folks spoiling the site. The effort went nowhere.

I decided to take the Ghandi approach of "being the change you wish to see in the world". I kept saying I refrain from throwing mud and kept asking others to do so as well. But the harder I tried to resist mudslinging the more mud that got slung at me. I was even accused of acting high and mighty and looking down on people when I continued to say that I would stay above it. So I figure **** it. If we burn down the site, we just burn it down. MUDSLINGING FOR ALL! (When in Rome, right?)

When you find you can't please people no matter what you do, the smart thing to do is to not even try.

Once upon a time I wouldn't have DREAMED of putting up a bunch of Raider posts on this page. But since it's faster and easier for ME, why shouldn't I? Yes it pisses off people who are already pissed at me. But they're ALREADY pissed at me.

What are they going to do, talk about me WORSE? Talk about me MORE? Not comment on my posts? Block me? At this stage EVERYTHING they try is all on the same level. The hive is already chasing me, what's one more bee?

Nah dude. If there's a war on it's just words. And the longer it goes the less the words even mean.
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

WATCH: Auburn ball boy's crazy speed

WATCH: See the catch of the year

Rams release Michael Sam

Stephen Hill's agent blames Sanchez, Tebow for release

Beckham injured avoiding paparazzi

Ohio State TE wearing Braxton Miller's number

Bills sign Kyle Orton

Meet the 2014-15 Oregon cheerleaders

Pelini: Marijuana use is ‘out of control’

Highlights from Eli Manning's AMA

NFL suspends Aldon Smith for 9 games

Giants RP retires 46 straight to set record

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.