March 19, 2013

Will Eagles Fans Boo If Geno Smith Is Selected 4th.

Personally I don't think the fan base would have that kind of reaction. This draft doesn't seem to have a large difference in the top of the draft to the the 10th player chosen. If you ask 10 different people who they want the Eagles to draft you are likely to get 10 different answers. In my opinion the McNabb booing was created by Cataldi and his 30 idiots. He wanted a particular player and he didn't get him, but that didn't mean the rest of the fan base wanted to boo McNabb. It was an unfortunate situation that was made bigger over the years (by the media and the player) than it needed to be. Players get booed in drafts all the time, but nobody makes a big deal out of it. Kevin Kolb was also booed at the draft, but nobody ever mentions it. That could be cause Kolb stinks, but again players get booed at drafts all of the time. Whoever the Eagles draft better bring thick skin, because he is likely going to hear boos reigned down on him at some point in his career and instead of 30 idiots it will come from 65,000 plus. The Dream Team was too soft to take it. That's why they had so many run ins with fans during that time. Some were face to face while others were on the internet and on talk radio. They were also soft on the field. Whoever the Eagles chose is going to have to be tough and instill some of the toughness in his teammates. 

22 Comments:
  • They may but I won't. I would rather the Eagles select Milliner or Fisher and then go after Manuel with their 2nd but if the Eagles think Smith is their guy I will hope they got it right and be excited that they have their franchise QB. I actually do believe that the boobirds will want to shine if Smith is selected...it only takes a couple loud bozos to be heard at Radio City Music Hall and I would guess there will be a few that wouldn't like the pick.
  • I think the shouldn't reach on him. plus EJ Manuel should be available in the third.
  • That's the thing about this draft. I have seen Manuel being a late first. There is no guarantee he's going to be a top quarterback either.
  • I think you were right about EJ. I saw him in a QB challenge and he was accurate and threw with velocity. And he has good speed for his size. I was impressed. I would trade Maclin in a second for a shot at EJ. Maclin for the Colts #1 . Done deal . Only if we get EJ. Let Vick start and see how he does and groom this guy and lets get back at it.
  • That's an interesting trade. I would do it. I think Maclin or Jackson needs to move forward from this team.
  • why they are both two talented young receivers who should thrive in a uptempo offense like Kelly's
  • Honestly they are underwhelming. I think Jackson is the better receiver and if he were matched up with a real quarterback he may break out again. Maclin drops a lot of balls, and I don't see him as more that what he already is. He won't be the breakout star people assumed he was going to be when he was drafted. He's going to want big money and frankly he doesn't deserve it. If the Eagles can pick up an offensive tackle and a possible franchise quarterback with their first two picks at the expense of Maclin I'm for it.
  • no but a guy with his accuracy and speed is probably what Kelly really wants for his offense... a year behind vick and who knows could be the next Kaepernick
  • I don't want ANY future QB learning anything from Vick.
  • [not displayed: comment from locked account]
  • There's no player that the majority of the fan base wants like we did Ricky Williams.
  • I'd like to see em take Milliner he's probably my favorite in this draft. I'm not saying i'd boo Smith but i'll have hesitations to jump for joy if they do take him. There'll be a lot of pressure on him from fans if he's drafted that high.
  • I wouldn't boo, it's not who I want, but I am warming up to the idea of him being the guy. If he is I think all the more important to get a guy like darick Rogers to give smith as many weapons for kellys spread as possible. Plus he can be used better in the red zone than anyone on the roster as of today in the passing game. Having three solid receivers two TEs n two ( one star one possible star)RBs for a rookie or second year qb(assuming they let vick take the hits as smith learns).

Going in the draft
    Geno
    Barret jones
    Darick Rogers
    Is a nice start of we can get another 3rd n take the corner out of Stanford it's a great draft already. Rogers how ever is most likely an after thought at this point with the addition out of Tampa but I still like Rogers n think he will be a star in the league.
  • There was a time I didn't see the eagles getting Geno Smith because I thought Reid would take him first in KC. But he pulled off a nice coup by getting Alex Smith away from San Fransisco. So now it may very well happen because Vick is not the answer, be's just too banged up.
  • Some people still believe Vick is the answer to theEaes problems despite the fact he's been in the middle of all of their recent woes. One way or another the Eagles must address their QB situation. Vick is clearly not the answer.
  • NICK FREAKING FOLES!!. Why can't we give the guy that played better than Vick, but with an entire offense of second string players! You have the QB. Build around him.

I will definitely boooooooo a QB pick! Plus Geno will be gone by pick 2.. Which means we would have to move up to 1st pick for him. .... SCRE W THAT
  • The reason why nobody is giving Foles a chance here is two fold. First the Eagles chose Chip Kelly as their coach. Considering how he has run his offense at Oregon, and the fact he's looking mostly at mobile quarterbacks the likelyhood of Foles getting the job isn't realistic. The second thing is the actions of the Eagles. The fact they are willing to draft a quarterback high (unless they are bluffing for some reason) means they aren't happy with any of their quarterbacks. If they don't trade Foles, and they don't draft a quarterback, then Foles most certainly has a shot to be the starter, because he will outperform Vick in the preseason. Chip will just have to adjust that offense of his, but like he said he's an "equal opportunity scorer."
  • what They?? forgot is thats in college, isnt this the pros?
  • Bruce Arians pretty much echoed my sentiments. None of the QBs in this class have that "wow" factor. His words.
  • I remember Buddy Ryan ripping Keith Byars before he drafted him. Who on Arians roster has the "wow factor" for his quarterback? I'm pretty sure at least 4 of the top QB prospects are better than anything Arizona has at the position.
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Ref avoided doing Redskins games due to team name

Schilling: Tobacco caused mouth cancer

Most indispensables college players

WATCH: Bryan Cox's sex revelation

Ex-NFL LB diagnosed with ALS

Mo'Ne Davis makes cover of SI

Ditka's misguided Redskins remarks

Marbury to star in play about Marbury

Breakout college players for 2014

Best and worst of Monday Night Raw

Best MLB at-bat walk-up songs

Braxton Miller out for the season

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.