April 05, 2013

WILL THE RAIDERS TRADE TERRELLE PRYOR TO THE EAGLES?

EZ wanted me to write an article where the Eagles fleece the Raiders for Terrelle Pryor. I of course would do no such thing since I couldn't envision such a scenario.

However there IS an article that covers the subject of an Eagles/Raiders trade of Terrelle Pryor. 

(The comments section is my favorite part!)

http://thepenaltyflagblog.com/blog/will-the-raiders-trade-terrelle-pryor-to-the-eagles/

13 Comments:
  • I doubt it'll happen. First off Pryor, like they said is still unproven which can be said for every other QB prospect in this years draft so now you're weighing his upside vs. the rest of the QBs in this years class.

Secondly, like they said int eh article "a lot of safety talent and playmakers in the 2nd to 3rd round." Since there is that level of talent in those rounds I don't see Kelly giving up a 2nd or 3rd when he has other areas to address. Espically when the Eagles draft spots are pretty high in those rounds it make the pick more valuable.

Third, Kelly has plenty of options at QB. He's already got 5 on the roster, he's been linked to drafting Geno Smith, and guys like EJ Manuel and Ryan Nassib will be available in the 2nd or possibly the 3rd. While Kelly DOES need to find his QB of the future he doesn't NEED to this offseason. Pete Carroll didn't rush it in Seattle and Kelly shouldn't rush it in Philly.

Lastly, Pryor's play in the NFL, while it's shown some bright spots hasn't been phenomenal. I'm not saying he can't be molded into a great QB. He's thrown under 50% pass completion for 155 yards, two TDs, 1 INT, in three games. Now it could be any number of things as to why his numbers aren't eye popping but the fact that they aren't eye popping says something.

I think the Eagles picks are just too valuable this season. They are high in their perspective rounds and the team needs to address too many other positions.
  • I sure hope not. He wasn't that good in college hasn't done squat in the NFL n I don't want any guy the raiders r giving away.
  • It's crazy how that one commentor said the Eagles should be charged a 2nd AND a 3rd for Pryor. That's delusional thinking by the way. Being a 3rd rounder who's depreciated on the bench he's only worth a 3rd (at best) today.

What strikes me about the article was how well the poster nutshelled our QB situation; when so many local fans have demonstrated absolutely no feel for it. The tone clearly says it's Mike Vick or we need better help than we can get in the Draft.

The tone also says that this young, scantly experienced QB is a better option than anything currently behind Vick. Those are some pretty damning words. I just hope they aren't true.
  • Yea if Pryor is worth a 2nd N a 3rd foles should get us the bills first round pick this year. I didn't read the entire article but I don't think there would be a need to bring in Flynn if they were sold on Pryor.
  • I think it's more a matter of Reggie wanting to prove he was right when he drafted him in GB. But if the guy can ball, I welcome him pushing Pryor or even winning the spot if can. If Flynn DOES win it it should have to be by a fair margin though. There shouldn't be a thin margin there. If so then Pryor should get the nod just for continuity sake.
  • WHOA! Finally something we agree on! It's been weeks since this has happened lol. Glad to see you on our side for once. I know we go back and forth about things and it's all for the sake of being passionate fans but you had come back and said the Eagles would be stupid NOT to give up a 2nd or 3rd I would have just chalked you up as having gone off the deep end.

As for this article. No way in hell. If it does by some random act happen I'll fully commit to your argument that Kelly has no idea what he's doing
  • The Eagles wouldn't need to give a 3rd round pick up for a guy like Pryor. The Raiders would give him up for much less than that. They are a team that buys high and sells low. Their history tells us that. They are clearly a team who can be fleeced. The Eagles could get Pryor for a 7th from those dummies. That's if they wanted him, because the Raiders are clearly a team with no identity and have no idea what they want.
  • Whatev.
  • One season Palmer is so important they give up a nearly two first round picks to get him! Less than two years later they drop him for a seventh. Yeah that's a team the KNOWS what they want. NOT!!!
  • How can you win an argument with this type of logic? Praising vanilla moves that follow bone-headed moves by the Raiders yet ripping the Eagles for nothing they have control over and insisting he is right. Must be a method to his madness...or at least a lame reason anyway.
  • Hollywood Eagle would be proud.
  • The man who initially thought Palmer was so important had died and Palmer was hardly a leader in the locker room. No sense in continuing to pay for a mistake.

Palmer had already cost us draft picks, no need to have him undermine the re-build by wrecking morale.
  • bad move, but Im no coach, let them figure all that out!
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Most pathetic NFL teams of modern era

NFL players already out for the season

Worst players to get HoF votes since 2004

Gallery: The best of Anastasia Ashley

College football's celebrity fans

Career moment of each HoF inductee

One question for every NFL team heading into camp

10 best play calls from the 2013 college football season

Most controversial NFL suspensions

Best, worst in-season trades for each team

Gallery: Instagrams of the week

Most underpaid players in the NFL

BARKER BEAUTIES
Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.