August 14, 2013

WILLIE McGINEST: EAGLE FANS ARE OVER-REACTING

ACCORDING to Willie McGinest, we are overreacting about the defensive meltdown last week. http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap2000000229703/Which-teams-fans-already-are-overreacting

He sited a new DC, 6 new starters, and players learning new positions. Because as we all know, when those sort of changes get made, players who've been doing this stuff since High School forget how to do things like shed a block or wrap up. It's only natural.

He said when we put it all together, we'll be better than we were last year. Really? WOW! So we can expect improvement from 29th in points surrendered and 30th in yards given up? HEY MOMMA! BREAK OUT THE BEE-LOONS! WE'S HA'IN US A PARTY!!!

He couldn't have said less if he'd taken the day off! Of course were going to be better than we were last year. Failing as hard as we did last year isn't easy. It takes a level of dedication rarely seen outside of suicide. We should have gotten some kind of trophy for it. If our Defense watches every game from the press box in 2013, we'll still be better than we were in 2012!

Putting it all together. Putting WHAT all together?! Did YOU see a concept out there Friday? I know I didn't. I saw some guys with a REALLY good view of the game watching the Patriots play catch; but as far as our Defense, I can't wait for the game against Carolina so I can finally see it.

Willie McGinest, kiss my *****

5 Comments:
  • I agree. Not sure I saw anything that even resembled a pro football defense. It was a bunch of b*tches if you want the truth. They were manhandled and appeared to like it.
  • I don't think they liked it, but in retrospect there was an appalling lack of dissatisfaction on the sidelines. Nobody seemed to be all that put out by the way the first string played.
  • [not displayed: comment from locked account]
  • Thats atrue Eagle fan that talks 2014 before the season starts in 2013. Wow.
  • I don't know about that.

In both of Billy Davis's stints (Arizona, and San Fran) as a DC, his defenses have been better in year 1 than in year 2. He didn't get a year 3 in either place.

THIS is what I was talking about earlier this year in regards to building a top notch coaching staff.

Since nobody good, and no promising up and comers, wanted to join Kelly, he was left with re-treads like Davis, Shurmur, and a HOST of collegiate level guys who weren't being discussed at this level prior to Kelly bringing them up.

Your coaching staff also has a LOT to do with attracting quality FA's. Money is of course the first factor, but things being equal or close, players want to play for someone who will maximize their chances at another lucrative contract, a championship, and possibly Canton level numbers.

We don't have that staff.
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Power ranking every NFL stadium

Astros fire manager Bo Porter

Who is up next for Ronda Rousey?

Gronk: 'I'm ready to go' for Week 1

Verlander, Upton nude photos hacked

Blue Jays give Jeter unique farewell gift

Photos: D-Wade and Gabby tie the knot

Jimmy Johnson: Jerry Jones comes across like an A-hole

Students trampled running on field

Rajon Rondo wants out of Boston?

Pats trade Ryan Mallett to Texans

WATCH: Auburn ball boy's crazy speed

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.