March 03, 2014

WORILDS OF POTENTIAL

TRENT Cole is coming to the end of the line as an Eagle. He’s been a good soldier and a productive player, but even the sun must set. That said, he’ll eventually need to be replaced.

Obviously that guy isn’t on the roster, and dreams of drafting a guy may yield disappointing results, as most of the names I keep hearing fans mention at OLB, won’t be there at #22.

Jason Worilds on the other hand could be signed and put in a position to pick up where Cole leaves off. It’s a solid plan. The only question is, will we do it.

6 Comments:
  • Can't now he signed his tender. Too bad I liked the idea too
  • Yeah. I addressed that on the site. I'm thinking that unless we move DJax for Dion Jordan, we're drafting a guy.
  • It's really hard to say what they are going to do in the draft. They preach that they will take best available and I tend to believe them. Obviously the free agency period will dictate a little more of what they plan.

Hypothetically, if they sign Byrd and Ward for instance (remember i say hypothetically lol) we can bet that they won't go Safety in the 1st.

There are a lot of moving parts though beyond that like are they going to ask certain players like Cole or Casey to take a pay cut? who do they bring in in FA to go into the draft with no glaring needs? does a guy like demarcus ware get cut and then get pissed and seek revenge on his former team by playing cheap for philly lol? hypothetically of course...
  • Kyle van noy
  • Isn't he a a little small for OLB in this scheme?
  • I feel like the Eagles will go receiver in the draft Early. I hope they don't, but I get the feeling that's the road they take. I think there's something to the Jackson rumors as well. I'm sure there are many in the organization who are getting a little fed up with the antics he's pulled. Their asking price for Jackson would likely be though. I wonder how far up the board would Jackson plus our one would take us? I would rather keep our one though.
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Most pathetic NFL teams of modern era

NFL players already out for the season

Worst players to get HoF votes since 2004

Gallery: The best of Anastasia Ashley

College football's celebrity fans

Career moment of each HoF inductee

One question for every NFL team heading into camp

10 best play calls from the 2013 college football season

Most controversial NFL suspensions

Best, worst in-season trades for each team

Gallery: Instagrams of the week

Most underpaid players in the NFL

BARKER BEAUTIES
Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.