February 23, 2012

NFL Offseason Preview -- Seattle Seahawks

Seattle Seahawks 2011 Record:  7-9 PPG For: 20.1 (23rd) PPG Against:  19.7 (7th) 2012 Cap Number:  $111,742,430 Draft Position:  #12 Overall Pick Let me be up front with you, Seahawks fans. I hate your team. Not the franchise, not the city of Seattle; just the collection of players that currently comprises your team. I do not understand how they managed to win 7 games with Tarvaris Freaking Jackson at QB, I do not understand how Marshawn Lynch suddenly turned into the second coming of Earl Campbell, and I do not understand how a group of no-name defensive players ended up as the league’s 7th ranked scoring defense. Sorry, I just don’t get it. Going into 2011, I had Seattle pegged as a prime contender in the Andrew Luck Sweepstakes. In fact, after the incredibly weird Tarvaris Jackson signing, I accused them of intentionally tanking the season for a shot at Luck. Even after their surprising season, part of me still wonders whether or not there was some validity in that thought. Nevertheless, I stand before you a humbled man. I certainly still have some reservations about the team, but they are far closer to having a contender than I originally thought. Heck, if they could land themselves a real QB, who knows what could happen?!

Seahawks News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Players who'll decide the national title

NFL cheerleader Instagram accounts

Olympian walking again after accident

WATCH: Bucs rookie involved in brawl

Potentially crippling NFL injuries

Manziel fined $12K for middle finger

10 worst owners in all of sports

Rusney Castillo signs with Boston

Harvey Updyke pie toss canceled over death threats

10 bold predictions for the 2014 college football season

Eight fantasy picks who will suck if you draft them

Ranking all 54 NFL primetime games

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.