June 21, 2012

NBA Finals Game 4: What Really Happened

Leave it to the sports media to completely muck up and over complicate what should be a straight forward event. Anymore, that seems to be what they do best.

Earlier in the day, I wrote approximately 1000 words on Game 4. I wrote about what went wrong for OKC, and how big a disaster this series has been. Believe me, what you are reading now does not even remotely resemble what I wrote earlier. It's not that I hate what I previously wrote (that's a lie...I do), it's that the content is completely irrelevant 24 hours after the game.

For one, I sincerely doubt you need to read an additional 200 words on how bad James Harden has been. Yes, he's been horrendous. Yes, it was shocking to see his end of game hesitation, when he essentially turned into the high school benchwarmer who only plays at the end of blowouts. You know this already! Why would you need me to tell you about it again? Same goes for Scotty Brooks being a giant dope, and Kendrick Perkins being something beyond useless. Those topics have been touched on a million times already thanks to ESPN's relentless coverage.

Heat News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

The best GMs in the NFL today

Best 40 and under college football coaches

Best and worst of Monday Night Raw

Most underpaid players in the NBA

Trade needs for each MLB contender

Who is the #1 fantasy football pick?

Most exciting walkoffs of the week

Way-too-early 2014 bowl projections

NBA free agency and trade tracker

The longest homers of the week

25 greatest moments from 'Saturday Night's Main Event'

Most egregious MLB All-Star snubs

BARKER BEAUTIES
Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.