July 20, 2012

New from the NBA

Read today that the NBA starting in 2013-14

maybe allow players to use a patch for advertising???? 

so if the patch falls off....

what happens????

4 Comments:
  • How about everyone taking a step back and deciding that MAYBE pro athletes shouldn't be making OBSENE paychecks. Teams shouldn't need sponsors to pay these whining prima donnas and ALL fans SHOULD be able to afford to see their local teams play. NBA owners are going to have to cut some costs instead of looking for subsidies. Isn't it enough that most of these millionaires have blackmailed the local communities into paying for their franchise. When your fan base cannot afford your sky high ticket prices and you have taxed the locals to death do you really think corporate advertising is goning to help? It will only perpetuate the problem. I hope someone with common sense comes along soon to stop the madness.
  • Well ~ we have sponsor "logo" identity for golfers on their visors, shirts, sweaters. We have splash (aka: Paints) advertising on NASCAR & NHRA cars. However, the aforementioned are weekly events ~ not 16 - hundreds of games. Plus their purses are paid out on a scale by performance and they have to really work to get sponsors to help support them because they don't have wealthy owners to keep them 'running'. It would just seem weird on an NBA uniform because it would be new and different. But! "IF" that would help in lowering ticket prices ~ why not? However, you're right LaMarche ~ the amount paid to basketball, football and baseball players is ludicrous. Since I'm not into hockey or soccer ~ don't know how their pay scale compares. Even though ~ why are there new football stadiums built every few years? More seating, yes ~ but also, more money for the fan to pay. I'm sure that is a percentage of the ticket cost, also. Then you have to consider the percentage of the team members who get the crazy high $$ contracts. We know not all are high $$ players. Will be interesting in the coming years to see what gimics owners come up with to "entice" the fans to attend because our coverage of sporting events are so good on T.V., food and drink is not nearly as expensive at home, plus saving on gas and parking fees. There is a degree of excitement seeing a "live" game, for sure ~ but for the common fan....just can't afford to go too often ~ if at all. I have always contended that if one sells everything "off the shelves" because of lower prices ~ no waste ~ that in the end, they would truly make more money ... however, would probably take a bit longer to do so. We are a society that have become a "want it yesterday and to have everything the Jones' do"! Therefore, we find a way to get it ~ even if that means going into debt...which a high % are. Even now with our T.V. coverage ~ there's a premium for special channels regarding sporting events = pro football, especially. But!!! you can watch all the games for one ticket price at the stadium! Sad...and one of these days, reality is going to strike ~ well, at least hopefully "to stop the madness" and greed.
  • thanks for the comments I thought thsi might geta look?? but its yardbarker and on must get lucky to get a look....
  • But ya did, huh??!! ") Have a good day!!
Trail Blazers News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

MLB players who still might be traded in August

Gallery: Instagrams of the week

Pacquiao likely to retire in 2016

Can Vince McMahon save TNA and WWE?

WATCH: TV station airs unfortunate Ray Rice blooper

Johnson suspended for cocaine use

College football's best coordinator duos

Best fantasy options at every position

Bosh: I was close to leaving Miami

Goodell defends Ray Rice punishment

MLB trade deadline tracker and analysis

Tigers acquire David Price in blockbuster

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.