Found June 10, 2012 on
Buzz On Broad:
Phillies 4, Orioles 5.
WP: Darren O'Day (4-0, 1.78 ERA)
LP: Joe Savery (0-1, 3.06 ERA)
An error by Ty Wigginton in the bottom of the 10th inning allowed the Orioles to score the winning run during the following at-bat with a walk-off double by catcher Matt Wieters. Cliff Lee remains winless after his 10th start of the season.
The Phillies are now eight games back in the NL East, 10 in the loss column.
Starting Pitching Summary:
- Cliff Lee: 6.0 IP, 7 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 2 BB, 8 SO, 1 HR, 3.18 ERA
- Jason Hammel: 6.0 IP, 6 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 5 BB, 4 SO, 0 HR, 3.22 ERA
In the 'Pen:
- Troy Patton (7th, 8th): 2.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 SO, 0 HR, 3.77 ERA
- Michael Schwimer (7th, 8th, 9th): 3.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 4 SO, 0 HR, 5.56 ERA
- Jim Johnson (9th): 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 SO, 0 HR, 1.29 ERA
- Darren O'Day (10th): 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 SO, 0 HR, 1.78 ERA
- Joe Savery (10th): 0.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 SO, 0 HR, 3.06 ERA
- Bottom of the 1st (Phillies 0, Orioles 1): Ronny Paulino singles on a ground ball to left fielder Juan Pierre. Adam Jones scores.
- Top of the 2nd (Phillies 2, Orioles 1): Hunter Pence singles on a ground ball to center fielder Adam Jones. Hector Luna, Jimmy Rollins score.
- Top of the 2nd (Phillies 3, Orioles 1): Jim Thome singles on a ground ball to left fielder Steve Pearce. Juan Pierre scores.
- Top of the 4th (Phillies 4, Orioles 1): Juan Pierre scores on wild pitch by Jason Hammel.
- Bottom of the 4th (Phillies 4, Orioles 4): Steve Tolleson homers (2) on a fly ball to left field. Mark Reynolds, Steve Pearce score.
- Bottom of the 10th (Phillies 4, Orioles 5): Matt Wieters doubles (10) on a fly ball to right fielder Hunter Pence. Adam Jones scores.
- Tuesday, June 12, 2012; 8:10 pm EST
- Philadelphia Phillies (29-33) at Minnesota Twins (24-34)
- Kyle Kendrick (2-5, 4.44 ERA) vs. Nick Blackburn (2-4, 7.75 ERA)
- TV: CSN
- Radio: 1210 WPHT, 94 WIP
Matt Rappa is a contributor for Buzz on Broad. You can find him on Twitter at @mattrappa.
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
Phillies Centerfielder Shane Victorino is in the final year of his contract with the Phillies. Could he be used as trade bait to help the team re-build? Photo by Renee Cendrowski.
The Phillies trail the Nationals by 8 games, and 10 games in the loss column. In a word this season has been a disaster.
I’ve broached this subject in the past, and as mid-June approaches, I think it’s...
Phillies infielder Freddy Galvis, the rookie who has filled in admirably for the injured Chase Utley and who has become a fan favorite, may be done for the season.
Phillies assistant general manager Scott Proferock spoke about Galvis’ condition after the Phillies beat the Baltimore Orioles last night. Galvis has had a battery of tests that show a pars fracture in his lower back...
Philadelphia Phillies (29-31) vs. Baltimore Orioles (32-26)Vance Worley (3-2, 3.38) vs. Tommy Hunter (2-3, 5.59)Time: 4:05, Oriole Park at Camden Yards TV: CSN, MASN (VA/MD/DC) Weather: Sunny and hot, 92 Media: Twitter and FacebookThe Phillies erupted last night for 12 hits and nine runs last night against Orioles pitching. They will be facing facing righty Tommy Hunter today...
Baltimore Orioles Brian Roberts, who hasn't played a Major League game in more than a year because of concussion symptoms, could return to the Orioles on Tuesday, MLB.com reported. Roberts is scheduled to play the last game of his 20-day rehab period on Monday, and if things go according to plan, he will be activated from the 60-day disabled list and available to play for...
Gotta wonder if Raul Valdes would have served up a game winning 2-run shot in the 12th the way BJ Rosenberg did. I never thought I would say this, but that's a bad BJ! Calling up a righty for the sake of having another right-hander pitcher in the bullpen despite already having a reliable lefty that was retiring batters from both sides of the plate is stupid. The Phillies...
BALTIMORE-Matt Wieters lined a game-winning RBI double to right field with one out in the bottom of the 10th to give the Baltimore Orioles a come-from-behind 5-4 victory over the Philadelphia Phillies Sunday afternoon. The Orioles (34-26) now have won nine straight extra-inning games and are 9-2 in those contests this season. They won two of three from the Phillies (29-33) in...
Cliff Lee came into this rubber match hoping to earn his first win of the season. The Orioles had other plans for him and would show this Philadelphia team why they're in first place in the AL East.
Baltimore scored first this afternoon with an RBI single from Ronnie Paulino, scoring Adam Jones. The Phillies scored their first runs in the following inning thanks to a two-run...
Philadelphia Phillies’ LHP Cliff Lee is a pretty darn good pitcher. His reputation and production speaks for itself. However, 2012 has been a pretty unlucky year for Lee.
Lee’s peripherals have been pretty much on point. He has 74 K’s in 70.2 innings, a 52.3 percent Ground Ball Percenage, and a 2.65 xFIP. When it comes to wins however, Lee has had no luck at all.
Hot News for SS Freddy Galvis
Growing up, the Atlanta Braves were the rulers of the NL East and its five kingdoms. Year in and year out the Braves were celebrating yet another division title and playoff berth while I painstakingly hoped for a savior to come to the Philadelphia Phillies. Could it be Curt Schilling or Scott Rolen? Unfortunately, they couldn’t deliver the goods. However, after eleven straight...
BALTIMORE -- Adam Jones was stuck in a 0-for-18 slump when he stepped into the batter's box in the 12th inning of a tie game against the Phillies on Saturday. He ended the slide in a big way. Jones hit a walk-off two-run homer in the bottom of the 12th inning to give the Baltimore Orioles a 6-4 victory over the Philadelphia Phillies on Saturday. The Baltimore center fielder...
BALTIMORE -- Something about extra-inning games just seems to bring out the best in the Baltimore Orioles this season. It happened again Sunday when Matt Wieters lined an RBI double to right field with one out in the bottom of the 10th to give the Orioles a 5-4 victory over the Philadelphia Phillies. The Orioles (34-26) have won nine straight extra-inning games and are 9-2 in...
Matt Wieters doubled in the game-winning run in the bottom of the 10th, and the Baltimore Orioles defeated the Philadelphia Phillies 5-4 Sunday to extend their run of successive extra-inning victories to nine.
Steve Tolleson hit a three-run homer for the Orioles, who bounced back from a 4-1 deficit to keep Philadelphia starter Cliff Lee winless this season.
Baltimore took two of...