The Factor12 Rating (F12) is an analytic measurement utilizing league average performance to compare the value of all MLB pitchers.
(1) Justin Verlander retains the number one spot after tossing his MLB-best fifth complete game against the Minnesota Twins. The 2011 AL Cy Young award winner leads MLB with a 31.274 F12 Rating.
(2) R.A. Dickey climbs two spots this week despite allowing 5 ER against the Philadelphia Phillies on Thursday night. The knuckleball specialist heads into the All-Star break with a 12-1 record, 2.40 ERA, and 0.93 WHIP.
(3) Chris Sale continues his assault on MLB hitters following his latest gem against the Texas Rangers. The White Sox ace is currently 10-2, 2.19 ERA, and 0.96 WHIP.
(4) Matt Cain falls two spots this week after his latest outing (6.67 IP / 3ER) against the Washington Nationals. The right-hander leads the NL with 120.33 IP.
(5) Stephen Strasburg rounds out the Top 5 list with a 30.203 F12 Rating. The Washington Nationals ace leads all MLB pi...