Found December 12, 2012 on
John Farrell and the Red Sox have plenty of work ahead of them this offseason, but that doesn’t mean they don’t have time for the more important things in life.
Farrell and other members of the Sox front office on Tuesday spent the day helping out with Hurricane Sandy relief efforts in New Jersey. While there, Farrell even came across one of his old baseball cards, which prompted the Sox skipper to leave a note for the owner.
Check out the video above to hear more about Farrell’s day, as well as to hear about other news from across baseball.
Thumbnail photo via Twitter/@RedSox
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
Could Mike Napoli's deal with the Boston Red Sox be in jeopardy?
The Red Sox anticipated introducing Napoli at a news conference Tuesday, according to major-league sources, but did not go forward with the event.
Napoli, 31, reached agreement with the Red Sox on Dec. 3 on a three-year, $39 million free-agent contract, pending a physical.
Initial reports from ESPN.com and the...
After the Marlins and the Blue Jays swung that gigantic trade some time back, I found myself researching something with regard to Emilio Bonifacio, since if there was one thing people wanted to read about after that trade, it was Emilio Bonifacio. My research led me somewhere, but it didn’t lead me where I wanted — it led me to Willy Taveras, and I couldn’t think of any reason...
Shane Victorino has had the privilege of playing on some winning teams. He’s also had a chance to perform on the big stage within a big baseball market. Boston, however, offers something unique.
Victorino, who was introduced at a news conference on Thursday, said that he’s “beyond ecstatic” to join the Red Sox. The veteran outfielder said he’s often asked which ballpark...
Shane Victorino was introduced to Red Sox Nation on Thursday afternoon at Fenway Park. While the new outfielder handled himself very well, speaking and acting like he’d been in the franchise for years, he made it no secret that he’s giddy to join the Sox and play at Fenway.
“The tradition that this place holds, coming to Fenway — I always said Fenway was one of my favorites...
Mike Napoli and the Boston Red Sox agreed to a three-year, $39 million deal on the first day of the winter meetings. Nine days later, the signing still hasn't been announced officially. Multiple media outlets reported that Napoli was in Boston this week for a physical exam, but the team has yet make any statements regarding his status. Fox Sports, citing an unnamed source...
BOSTON (AP) -- The Boston Red Sox have agreed to terms with right-hander Ryan Dempster on a two-year contract worth 26.5 million, two people familiar with the negotiations said Thursday.
Red Sox general manager Ben Cherington would not comment on Dempster at a news conference to announce the signing of outfielder Shane Victorino. "We're engaged with a pitcher. That'...
Free agent starting pitcher Ryan Dempster is seeking a three year contract this offseason, having already rejected two year deals from at lest three teams. One of those teams is the Boston Red Sox, although talks have once again heated up, with Dempster possibly reconsidering his stance at insisting on teams adding a third year to any deal.
Dempster will turn 36-years-old during...
To this point in the offseason, the Red Sox have filled some holes in the outfield, infield and the bullpen. Ben Cherington has said that the team continues to try to find starting pitching, but have yet to make any major trades or signings for it. The market for starting pitching has dropped off [...]
The Boston Red Sox are closing in on a deal with free-agent pitcher Ryan Dempster, a baseball source told ESPN.com. Dempster turned down a pair of two-year offers worth between $25 million and $26 million from the Red Sox and Royals last week, the source said, and was believed to be seeking a third year. The 35-year-old Dempster had logged at least 200 innings for the Cubs from...
The Jays sent off a prospect package to Miami that would have left other systems barren, but Toronto`s remains loaded with high-upside arms.
Today, the Boston Red Sox introduced Shane Victorino. His deal with Boston is for 3 years and $39 million, which is about $19 million too much for a guy best suited as a a platoon player. Perhaps, the Red Sox would have done better if they had used their Premium Rewards Card. Use your Premium Rewards Card today.
Victorino is an outfielder who has good range thanks to his speed...
With their outfield bolstered through the signings of Johnny Gomes and Shane Victorino, the Red Sox have turned their focus to strengthening their pitching staff. On Thursday, the Sox reached a two-year, $26.5 million deal with right-handed starting pitcher Ryan Dempster.
According to ESPN’s Gordon Edes, Dempster turned down a two-year, $25 million offer last week from the...
According to a report from FOXSports.com’s Ken Rosenthal, the Boston Red Sox deal with free agent catcher Mike Napoli may have hit some snags and the deal could be in jeopardy. Rosenthal reports that the Red Sox press conference to introduce Mike Napoli was supposed to have happened Tuesday, but no such press conference took [...]
The Boston Red Sox are engaged in “serious discussions” with
veteran right-hander Ryan Dempster, reports Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports.
Source: #RedSox, Dempster in serious discussions. No deal yet; still possible he could sign elsewhere.
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) December 12, 2012
Rosenthal adds that no deal has been agreed upon and there’s
The Reds are trying to round out their roster, the Tigers are searching for another starter, and Mike Napoli might not join the Red Sox after all.