According to Jerry Crasnick of ESPN, Ryan Doumit has received multiple offers and expects to sign a new contract soon.
Earlier this month, Jon Morosi of FOX Sports said Doumit, who will be 31 on April 3, would be willing to catch, play the outfield, or even be a designated hitter next season.
At the end of September, Adam Rubin of ESPN New York said it was unlikely Ronny Paulino would return next season, as the organization soured on his abandonment for game plans and his lethargy which was on display over the course of the second half. However, Rubin suggested if the Mets were to retain Jose Reyes, they could go with a combination of Mike Nickeas and Josh Thole behind the plate next season.
Michael Baron: One of the areas I always thought the Mets needed to address was versatility on the roster. To a certain degree, they had that in 2011 with Scott Hairston; a guy who could play all three outfield positions and first base, but all-in-all, their roster has been very static in that...