The 2013 season is upon us and as our Padres prepare to take the field against the Mets I decided to look at 2013 with my rose colored glasses on and pinpoint some storylines I am optimistically looking forward to this year.
10. A win against the Dodgers at the home opener
9. Nick Hundley returning to his 2011 form.
8. The debuts of Robbie Erlin, Donn Roach, and Keyvius Sampson
7. Yonder Alonso hitting 20 HRs
6. Tyson Ross being the best pitcher in the rotation
5. Andrew Cashner starting 20+ games
4. Carlos Quentin playing 125 games
3. Jedd Gyorko winning NL Rookie of the Year
2. A long-term extension for Chase Headley
1. Padres playoff berth.
Overly optimistic? Probably. Wishful thinking? Possibly. Ready for baseball? Absolutely!
As always your comments are welcome below.