My Facebook friend Mike Emeigh had an interesting post over at BTF the other day where he asked:
Wind back the calendar to 1975. If you could have told MLB then one thing about the game, what would it be?
It provided some interesting answers so I thought we should examine the same question from a Mets POV. But before we get to the Mets, let’s look at a baker’s dozen of the serious ideas the BTF community came up with in response to the question.
1. Make sure to get in front of PED testing
2. Work a little smarter with the MLBPA
3. Develop your international scouting
4. Dissuade placing a team in the state of Florida
5. Invest time, money and manpower in figuring out how to protect pitchers’ arms
6. Understand how runs are scored – work strike zone and don’t worry about strikeouts
7. Stay with the four-man rotation
8. Stay away from push-button bullpen
9. Make sure there are plenty of urban baseball fields and leagues for black players
10. 140-pitch outings are not necessarily a goo...