Just because the name is White Sox Off Day doesn’t mean we always have to wait for off days to bring you in-depth, entertaining White Sox discussion.
We had our first “getaway day special” today, and UGod from South Side Sox was kind enough to give us an hour of his time and expertise talking all things White Sox.
Among the many topics we covered:
- General impressions of the recently completed series against Baltimore.
- Who should be hitting #2? And will Robin make a change soon?
- How are Dunn and Rios looking in their attempts to rebound?
- What went wrong with Gordon Beckham and is his major league career salvageable?
- The resurgence of Jake Peavy as a top-of-the-rotation starting pitcher. (Suggested reading: this terrific piece of Peavy by Zach at Grab Some Bench.)
- The future of Chris Sale, the importance of his makeup to his success, and why Keith Law will ultimately be proven wrong about him.
- Can Paulie break Frank’s career record for home runs? Do we want him to?
It’s a terrific episode and we greatly appreciate Mark’s time, plus the callers who joined in with their perspective. Follow him on Twitter here: @SSS_UGod.
Click play on the player below to listen:
Also, if you haven’t picked up the latest edition of White Sox Outsider, which you should, purchase it right here. Be sure to use the discount code MARBOOKS12 to get 20% off your purchase.
How to subscribe to and follow White Sox Off Day so you never miss an episode:
- Subscribe to White Sox Off Day on iTunes
- Join the White Sox Off Day email list and get an email whenever a new episode is posted.
- Follow @WhiteSoxOffDay on Twitter or like us on Facebook.
- Download this episode in mp3 format for later: Right-click this link, then hit “save link as”
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!
|Best of Yardbarker||NFL News||MLB News||NBA News||NHL News|
Today's Best Stuff