6'1" 185 lbs (Middleweight)
74" reach, Orthodox
September 24, 1980
12-4 (UFC: 6-3)
1 straight win
Blue belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
Black belt in Marine Corps Martial Arts Program
WEC Light Heavyweight Champion: 2008 (no successful title defenses)
- very well coached (Team Jackson-Winklejohn)
- heavy hands - knockout power
- can outbrawl opponents
- extremely physically strong
- very athletic
- good striking defense
- very aggressive fighter
- trains at altitude
- good gas tank
- good chin
- susceptible to submissions
- very inaccurate striker (lands well under 50% of his strikes)
- no takedown ability
- weak takedown defense
- gets taken advantage of by strong wrestlers/grapplers
- is a rather one-dimensional brawler
- still green and inexperienced
Brian Stann has made progress since undertaking mixed martial arts full-time, but he still has a ways to go before he can be considered a top contender.
Click here to visit our Fighter Scouting Report database
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!
|Best of Yardbarker||NFL News||MLB News|
Today's Best Stuff
Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.
What is Yardbarker?