Found December 28, 2011 on
It was three weeks ago when the MMA world was in shock that Dana White had let Miguel Torres go following a rape comment on twitter.
Ariel Helwani gave the word today via his twitter account.
Dana says Torres is back. Torres has donated money to local rape centers, visited them. Dana says Torres was very remorseful.
No word as to when the former WEC bantamweight champion will return to the octagon.
Did you expect the UFC to bring Torres back? Were they right to let him go in the first place? Will he be in any main card fights?
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
According to UFC president Dana White, bantamweight fighter, Miguel Torres has been allowed back into the UFC following a dismissal from the promotion earlier this month. White announced the news following today’s UFC 141 pre-fight press conference. Torres, the former WEC bantamweight champion, received his walking papers from the promotion following a controversial posting on [...]
One Time WEC bantamweight champion Miguel Torres “handled his business like a man”, will make return to the UFC.
Torres tweeted about three weeks ago that ‘If a windowless van was called a surprise van, more people wouldn’t mind going for rides in them.”Everyone likes surprises.”
Dana White said at the UFC 141 pre-fight press conference, [...]
Less than a month after being fired from the UFC for referencing ‘rape’ on his Twitter account, Miguel Torres (Pictured) has rejoined the world’s premier mixed martial arts promotion.
UFC president Dana White allowed the former WEC bantamweight champ back into his Octagon because Torres took the initiative to contact every rape crisis center in his home city of Chicago, Illinois...
A few weeks ago, it was reported that the UFC cut Bantamweight contender Miguel "Angel" Torres. During the pre-fight press conference today for UFC 141, Dana White announced that Miguel Torres is indeed back with the UFC. Independently, Torres donated money and visited local rape centers. Dana White said that Torres was very remorseful for his actions. The...
Click here for the latest UFC coverage provided by BJPENN.COM
Nearly as quickly as he departed, former bantamweight ace Miguel Torres is back in the UFC fold.
Miguel Torres has worked his way back into the UFC. He wasn’t cut for performance reasons or because he was injured, but rather because he made a joke about “rape vans” on twitter.
After a month of controversy, Dana White announced at the UFC 141 pre-fight press conference that Miguel Torres did enough goodwill in the past month to warrant reinstatement in the UFC. In the past month Torres released a public apology to fans, took rape sensitivity classes, and donated money to local rape centers in Chicago [...]
The Daily Line: Welcome Back To The Big Show, Miguel Torres