Originally posted on hov-mma | Last updated 9/30/12
The Vikings defeating the Lions in an early NFC North showdown showdown isn't the only thing Minnesota has to cheer about. The home of the Timberwolves will play host to the UFC's fifth FX offering this coming Friday.
A heavyweight clash between the undefeated Hawaiian Travis "Hapa" Browne and Brazilian mma veteran Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva will headline this card. Also, Jake "The Juggernaut" Ellenberger and Jay Hieron will meet in a welterweight clash that was moved from the scrapped UFC 151 card that was supposed to take place on September 1st. Rounding out the main card will be Josh "The Dentist" Neer, who will look to do some work on Cincinnati's Justin Edwards after John Dodson and Jussier da Silva fight for the right to earn a shot at newly minted flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson's belt.
You can check out the full fight card as it stands today after the break.
Main Card (FX)
• Heavyweight Bout: Travis Browne (13-0-1) vs. Antonio Silva (16-4)
• Welterweight Bout: Jake Ellenberger (27-6) vs. Jay Hieron (23-5)
• Welterweight Bout: Josh Neer (33-11-1) vs. Justin Edwards (7-2)
• Flyweight Bout: John Dodson (13-5) vs. Jussier da Silva (14-1)
Preliminary Card (Fuel TV)
• Lightweight Bout: Jeremy Stephens (20-8) vs. Yves Edwards (41-18-1)
• Lightweight Bout: Michael Johnson (11-6) vs. Danny Castillo (14-4)
• Lightweight Bout: Dennis Hallman (51-14-2) vs. Thiago Tavares (17-4-1)
• Lightweight Bout: Jacob Volkmann (14-3) vs. Shane Roller (11-6)
• Featherweight Bout: Diego Nunes (17-3) vs. Bart Palaszweski (36-15)
• Flyweight Bout: Darren Uyenoyama (7-3) vs. Phil Harris (21-9)
Preliminary Card (Facebook)
• Lightweight Bout: Carlo Prater (30-11-1) vs. Marcus LeVesseur (21-6)
• Welterweight Bout: Aaron Simpson (12-3) vs. Mike Pierce (14-5)
MORE FROM YARDBARKER
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!
Follow us on Twitter
|Best of Yardbarker||NFL News||MLB News|
Today's Best Stuff