Found October 14, 2013 on
Start 'N' Park Blog:
Speculation has been confirmed as Michael Waltrip Racing announced today that it would field only two full-time Sprint Cup Series teams in 2014. That drops from the three they currently have on track after sponsor NAPA pulled out for the 2014 season after the cheating allegations during the Richmond race[...]
BEST OF MAXIM
When NAPA pulled out of sponsoring the 55-car after the Did-Bowyer-Spin-On-Purpose situation, the writing on the wall was there for Michael Waltrip Racing...
The benefactor of the conspiracy, Martin Truex, Junior is now a free agent...
Truex, crew chief Chad Johnston and 15 percent of the workforce were told they can go and get other jobs outside Waltrip'...
Michael Waltrip Racing has a team meeting set for Monday afternoon to outline the organization's plans for 2014.
MWR expanded its Sprint Cup program to a three-car operation in 2007 but NAPA's decision not to return as a sponsor as the No. 56 Toyota in 2014, forced the company to realign with a 15 percent reduction of its workforce and two full-time teams with Clint Bowyer...
Michael Waltrip Racing will cut back to two full-time cars in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series beginning in 2014. Martin Truex Jr., driver of No. 56 Toyota Camry, has been told to look elsewhere for job opportunities.
After an eventful night at Richmond International Speedway that saw teammate Clint Bowyer spin out to help Truex earn a birth in the 2013 Chase, NASCAR stepped...
The Associated Press has learned that Michael Waltrip Racing will run only two full-time cars next season because of the loss of sponsor NAPA.
Team owners Michael Waltrip and Rob Kauffman on Monday began telling employees of their decision. Those affected were told they are free to begin looking for a new job immediately.
Two employees spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity...
Having a case of the Mondays? Be thankful you don’t work for Michael Waltrip Racing!
Between another health scare for Brian Vickers and Martin Truex, Jr. being told it is okay to look for another ride in 2014, Monday has been the pits for Michael Waltrip Racing.
It was announced on Monday morning that Brian Vickers will miss the rest of the 2013 season after being placed on blood...
An unfortunate turn of events unfolded for Martin Truex Jr. a little over a month ago.
In the wake of the fallout from the Richmond fiasco on September 7th he was put into a bit of a tough spot.
For those that don’t know or have been under a rock for the last month, Truex raced his way into this year’s Chase for the Sprint Cup in the closing laps at Richmond.
Little did he know...
as Brian Vickers has wound up with a new blood clot on his legs forcing him out of racing for the rest of the NASCAR season. Although Michael Waltrip is scheduled to drive the #55 car at Talladega no backup driver has been named for either the #55 car or the Nationwide Series car he drives for Joie Gibbs Racing.
Also new reports are out saying that Michael Waltrip Racing is...
Michael Waltrip Racing has a team meeting set for Monday afternoon
to outline the organization's plans for 2014.
NASCAR driver Brian Vickers will miss the remainder of the 2013 season after doctors discovered a blood clot in his right leg. Vickers, who is set to be the full-time driver for Michael Waltrip Racing’s No. 55 Toyota next season, missed most of the 2010 season with blood clots found in his lungs and his left leg. Vickers said Dr. William Downey has placed him on