Joe Gibbs made good on his promise -- to lock in Kyle Busch for the foreseeable future.
USAToday reported on Friday that Busch, 27, has signed a contract extension to remain with the No. 18 team. A source close to the situation acknowledged that an announcement is expected during the Charlotte Motor Speedway Media Tour on Jan. 24.
Gibbs told FOXSports.com during the NASCAR season finale at Homestead Motor Speedway that he hoped to sign both the M&Ms sponsorship and Busch before the start of the 2013 season to eliminate any distraction for the driver and the team. Busch's contract initially ran through the end of this year.
"We're working really hard on that, we want to do that early so we're not going into the last year," Gibbs said Nov. 18. "M&M's is on board, but their contract is still extended into the future. Hopefully, we get everything clarified in the next two weeks. I'm expecting everything to kind of be in place in the next two...