The San Antonio Spurs (8-3) will take a trip to Boston as they face the Boston Celtics (6-5) at the TD Garden.
The Spurs are coming off a loss to the Clippers and will have to face the Celtics shorthanded. They will be without Kawhi Leonard and Stephen Jackson due to injuries thus leaving their frontcourt very thin.
The Celtics are coming off a big loss to the Pistons but have been away from the court since Sunday. Needless to say, this Boston team got the rest they needed for their aged core (Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce) and will be raring to go tonight.
Though tonight's key matchup will be at the point guard spot between Rajon Rondo and Tony Parker, it will also mark another clash between two of the best forwards of this era - Tim Duncan and Kevin Garnett.
And as these two titans of the NBA get set to meet, here are five things to watch for during the game:
• Boston's Rajon Rondo has logged 10 assists or more in 34 straight games.
• Boston is 3-0 when tied or leading after the second quarter.
• Boston is 0-4 when their opponent scores 100 points or more.
• San Antonio is 2-0 on the road when they shoot between 45% and 50% from the field.
• San Antonio is 3-0 on the road when outscoring their opponent in the paint.