The San Antonio Spurs (20-8) will host their interstate division rival Dallas Mavericks (12-15) tonight at the AT&T Center in a Western Conference clash.
This will mark the first time these two teams will face each other this season, however, this isn't the same Mavs team from seasons past. Gone are Jason Kidd, Jason Terry, while Dirk Nowitzki has not played at all this season due to knee injury.
The Spurs are coming off a 99-94 win over the Hornets. Tony Parker paced the Spurs with 25 points.
The Mavs are coming off a 92-82 loss to the Grizzlies. Shawn Marion posted 14 points, and grabbed 11 rebounds.
And as the Spurs look to remain undefeated in the month of December at home against the Mavs, here are five things to watch during the game:
• The Mavericks have now gone 20-1 in their last 21 games in which they shot 50-plus percent from the field.
• The Mavericks are 11-3 this season when they shoot at least 45 percent from the field.
• Dallas is 4-1 when Chris Kaman scores 20-plus points in a game this season.
• Dallas is 7-1 this season in games in which O.J. Mayo scored at least 25 points and 3-0 in games in which he scored at least 30.
• San Antonio is 7-1 at home when they outscore their opponent in the paint.