- Abraham Washington thanked fans at Summerslam for chanting “Kobe Bryant” during the WWE Tag Team Championship Match between Kofi Kingston, R-Truth and The Prime Time Players. He wrote on Twitter:
“To all the fans that showed their support with the chants and tweets I really want to say “THANK YOU”!!! You guys are truly.. #UNSTOPPABLE!”
AW was of course fired for referencing Bryant’s sexual assault case.
- Speaking of AW security were removing his fan signs from the arena and the events before the PPV.
- It’s rumored that Limp Bizkit frontman Fred Durst was escorted out of the Staples Center last night for giving the camera the middle-finger before the Brock Lesnar/Triple H match. Despite having a history with WWE, it would seem PG comes first.
If it’s true one would assume he was breifed before the event and chose to break the rules, if not it’s a little extreme on WWE’s part.
That being said it’s also possible he was leaving anyway and had a security escort for protection.
- WWE have made the decision to drop the Supershow tagline from Raw. The feeling is that it’s too long winded for marketing reasons, and that as time has progressed there’s nothing necessarily “super” about the weekly format.
- Chris Masters didn’t win any brownie points from WWE management after he posted a picture of himself on Twitter with a gun to his head:
Masters was visting backstage, but if he was angling for a job he’s probably ruined his chances.