Another must read Doc Rivers article from Adrian Wojnarowski, this one is full of a very candid Doc talking about the reason Ray left, a lot of them are the rumors that were reported recently. Doc also says he takes full blame for Ray Allen's decision to leave.
Essentially what Doc says is Ray left for a few reasons.
1. He was upset that Rondo had the ball so much and his role in the offense.
2. He was upset that he was a sixth man.
3. He was upset that he was constantly talked about in trades.
4. He and Rondo had "developed a deep disdain for each other".
5. He was upset with how he was compensated.
Doc says that he takes full responsibility for almost all of the above, after all most of the things that upset Ray were his decisions. Still, Doc stands by it. He said that he tells the team every year he is going to do what's best for the team, not the individual."As a coach, you've got to do what's best for the team. If guys don't like it, they're going to leave. If they stay and don...