Found December 12, 2012 on
As you wind down your day of people endlessly bombarding you with "Hey it's 12/12/12!," here are a few links to digest:
- I wrote an article about the Knicks' victory over the Nets last night for The Knicks Wall, so be a pal and check that out.
- Pete Rose's reality show is still happening and will debut in January. |Awful Announcing|
- "The League" has had quite the impact on fantasy football team names, as you would expect a show about fantasy football would. |Warming Glow|
- A roundup of some of the worst movies of 2012. |FilmDrunk|
- A "Saturday Night's Children" look back on the career of Martin Short, in advance of his SNL hosting gig this weekend. |Splitsider|
- A reflection on the disastrous year for EA Sports' NBA Live franchise. |Pastapadre|
(Photo: Anthony Gruppuso, USA TODAY Sports)
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
TLC is launching a Pete Rose reality show which focus on the oft-troubled all-time hits leader's upcoming marriage to a much younger former Playboy Playmate model, Kiana Kim.
Rose's adult children are reportedly not too thrilled about his impending nuptials to the sexy Kim but network execs believe the contentious family members will make for some riveting low-brow television...
Move over Honey Boo Boo...here comes "The Hit King"!Yeah, I know...I know.Anyway. Pete Rose has a new show starting up on TLC and now...it's got an airdate.“Pete Rose: Hits and Mrs.” will follow the life of the baseball legend and will focus on the relationship between the hits hoarder (see what I did there?) and his fiance Kiana Kim.Are Rose's kids accepting...
Pete Rose's 4,256 hits are more than any other player has ever recorded in the history of Major League Baseball. And now baseball's all-time hit king is hoping to hit it big in another endeavor: reality television.His new show, "Pete Rose: Hits and Mrs.", is set to premiere January 14 at 10 p.m. on TLC. From Philly.com:The reality show about the Phillies legend...
While he spends most of his days peddling overpriced autographs on his website and pimping his LockerDome webpage on Twitter, baseball’s all-time hits leader, Pete Rose, is still trying desperately to cling to relevance ever since he seemingly gave up his quest to be admitted into Major League Baseball’s Hall of Fame. Back in July, word surfaced that Rose’s plan to recapture...
This summer, it was reported that MLB legend and notorious compulsive gambler/liar Pete Rose would be getting his own reality show on TLC. Now, that reality show is becoming a reality (bwahaha) as the network has set a launch date for January 14th. Pete Rose will join the illustrious list of great athletes like Chad Johnson, Terrell Owens, Hank Baskett, Lamar Odom, Kris Humphries...
I can remember the day – Aug. 24, 1989 – Pete Rose accepted a place on Major League Baseball arising from accusations that he bet on baseball.
Naturally all the networks, as well as ESPN, covered the event, which was obviously huge at the time. To be honest, ESPN was the star if the day, totally outshining the three major over-the-air networks at the time.
– Pete Rose, the first celebrity inductee into the WWE Hall of Fame, will star in a new reality series Pete Rose: Hits & Mrs. The show, which will air on TLC, debuts January 14th, 2013. At this time, the show is set for six episodes and will focus on Rose’s personal life and impending marriage to former Playboy model Kiana Kim.
Rose has appeared at multiple WrestleMania events...