Found July 15, 2013 on
LeBron James and his fiancee Savannah Brinson recently sent out invitations to their wedding, which will be held in San Diego this September. And by all indications, it's going to be a top-secret affair.
According to TMZ, which obtained a copy of the invite , there is no time or location listed for the ceremony, and prospective guests are being sent on a retrieval mission just to get the details.
There is a "Welcome Barbecue" on Friday night and a "Farewell Brunch" on Sunday morning, but no mention of the actual ceremony. Instead, guests were given a number to call by Aug. 1 to receive those top-secret deets.
Given the hush-hush nature of the wedding details, and given that LeBron is LeBron, we can only assume that this is going to be one lavish affair that makes one of Puffy's white parties look like a church picnic.
We haven't received our invite yet, but we're assuming that some or all of these features will be included:
- LeBron will hire whoever controlled the weather in the Beijing Olympics to make sure it's a beautiful day out.
- Danny Boyle will direct the opening and closing ceremonies, and Dwyane Wade asks to add some CGI defenders to make him look more like a superhero.
- NASCAR drivers will handle valet duties. Which will also count as the second race in the Chase for the Sprint Cup:
- LeBron will have Chris Bosh be his ring bearer. Or his flower girl. Whichever.
- Jim Gray will officiate the service, which will go on pay-per-view with proceeds benefitting local Boys and Girls Clubs.
- Dwight Howard will pass out when the LeBron says, "Til death do us part."
- Guests will get up to leave three-quarters of the way through the vows.
- But they'll return to shout "Mazel Tov" as LeBron and Savannah stomp on Gatorade bottles at the end of the ceremony.
- And on the way out of the church, guests will toss chalk instead of rice:
- All the while, Joakim Noah will be kidnapped, tied up and forced to watch it Clockwork Orange-style .
- As for the reception, the entertainment will be Drake opening up for Jay-Z opening up for hologram Tupac .
- A Shaq-led security team will be on hand to make sure Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn are nowhere near the premesis .
- Guests will be able to try their hand at the Skip Bayless dunk tank:
- An Arn Tellem booth will be set up to help attendees figure out where they want to play together next summer.
- A chocolate fountain? Try liquid gold. But not that liquid gold .
- Oh, and whoever is making the cake, you have your work cut out for you:
- The Hora will be performed using a throne
- And for the first dance? The Harlem Shake, of course:
- Absolutely no Lannisters will be invited ... you know, just to stay on the safe side
- Maybachs for everyone.
- And, of course, commemorative LeBronapalooza T-shirts.
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
The wedding invitations for the September nuptials of LeBron James and Savannah Brinson are so vague they do not even include a date or time for the proceedings.
It’s my party T…
Are y’all ready for Caribana season with soundmasterz featuring the one and only LeBron James — Check out the Miami Heat champion earning some extra income at the Carbiana festival, which celebrates Caribbean culture and traditions held each summer in Toronto. It must be nice getting paid to play.-TO
LeBron partied with Floyd Mayweather
LeBron James Is A Rapper Now?
Social media star LeBron James won his second championship this past season with the Miami Heat and made it tougher for his doubters to win internet arguments on message boards, social media sites, etc. With all the offseason activity elevating teams into the challenger discussion and summer league basketball getting attention, it’s a good time...Read the Rest...
I’m pretty much speechless this afternoon with the “Greg Oden Bar Watch” update. It seems that Greg spent his day at Elly Bay,…
Forget championship rings, we're talking wedding rings: The invites for LeBron James' marriage to Savannah Brinson are out.
In the least earth-shattering news ever in sports, an ESPNLosAngles.com report Wednesday states that the Lakers are planning to make runs at LeBron James and Carmelo Anthony in free agency next summer.
Both James and Anthony have opt-out clauses in their contracts after the 2013-14 season, meaning that they can choose whether they want to return to the Heat and Knicks, respectively...
It’s the day after the Major League Baseball All-Star Game, the slowest day of the sports year, so what better time to manufacture a “big” news story?
As if anybody had any doubt that the Lakers, who have just one contract on the books beyond this season, would be active in the 2014 free agent market, ESPN reminded everybody about it on Wednesday with a report that the Lakers...
According to ESPN, after losing the Dwight Howard sweepstakes, the Lakers plan to make a run at NBA All-Star’s, LeBron James and Carmelo Anthony, in 2014 free agency.
The Los Angeles Lakers, whose plan to re-sign center Dwight Howard did not pan out this offseason, are poised to rebuild fast by focusing on the two biggest free agents of 2014 – LeBron James and Carmelo Anthony...
The Los Angeles Lakers, whose plan to re-sign center Dwight Howard did not pan out this offseason, are poised to rebuild fast by focusing on the two biggest free agents of 2014 -- LeBron James and Carmelo Anthony, front office sources have told ESPN.
Opinions are split on whether the Lakers can actually land James or Anthony, with one source calling it "realistic" and...
The Los Angeles Lakers are gearing up for a big-time free agency run in 2014. Could they sign both LeBron James and Carmelo Anthony?
There have been a LOT of highlight dunks so far in the NBA Summer League season, many posters have been made. Jeffery Taylor of the Charlotte Bobcats created another one a couple days ago against the San Antonio Spurs summer team. Taylor drove down the lane and threw down a LeBron James like tomahawk on Aron Baynes.
HOOVER, Ala. -- Since becoming the first freshman to hoist the Heisman Trophy, Johnny Manziel has become a social media storm waiting to happen.
There was the time the Texas A&M quarterback flashed cash at an Oklahoma casino, meeting the likes of LeBron James, Chris Paul and Mike Trout, the photographs of him partying, the getting kicked out of the Manning Passing Academy for...
Not sure this should be huge news, anybody with common sense could see the Lakers were clearing the books for 2014 and that there were some potential huge free agents on the market. This is more of just confirming what we already know/speculated.
With only point guard Steve Nash and center Robert Sacre on the books past next season, the Lakers are poised to have enough cap space...
Mike Miller had a nice run in Miami. Will he retire or help a team like Memphis?
What’s the Haps for July 16th? Indians fan does the impossible, Lebron James’ “secret” wedding, MJ on Fallon, Bama forced to watch tape of Manziel and CO during workouts, and more. The Links - Indians Fan Catches Four Foul Balls In One Game at Progressive Field LeBron James’ wedding is so secret invites don’t have The post The Haps – 7/16: “Michael Jordan” Visits...