Found July 02, 2013 on
Beyond The Buzzer:
According to Sam Amick of USA Today Sports, the Minnesota Timberwolves have offered unrestricted free agent, Kevin Martin, a 4-year deal that could be worth up to $30 million.
The 30-year-old shooting guard averaged 14 points and 2.3 rebounds in 30 minutes off of the bench for the Oklahoma City Thunder this season. Timberwolves general manager already said No. 14 overall draft pick, Shabazz Muhammad, will come off of the bench so it’s likely Martin would start if he were to accept the offer.
The former Oklahoma City Thunder shooting guard is still in discussions with the Milwaukee Bucks, and the Memphis Grizzlies have also shown interest in a possible sign-and-trade to land Martin as well. The Thunder have shown an interest in bringing Martin back as well, but a return continues to appear unlikely.
BEST OF MAXIM
Oklahoma City and free agent guard Kevin Martin have scheduled a telephone meeting for this afternoon, according to ESPN.
Martin, who is a free agent, has stated he wants to be a starter again, however he also said he would consider returning to the Thunder.
Martin averaged 15 points per game last year for Oklahoma City, in his only season with the Thunder. It was the first time...
It looks like Kevin Martin won't be returning to the Thunder next season.
Martin, a free agent, who the Thunder got in the trade with Houston for James Harden just days before the beginning of last season, told USA Today he's not against returning to Oklahoma City, but said he wants to be a starter again.
The free agency period begins July 1.
The 30-year-old played just...
Kevin Martin is leaving the Oklahoma City Thunder to rejoin former coach Rick Adelman with the Minnesota Timberwolves.
A person with knowledge of the deal says Martin agreed to terms with the Wolves on a four-year deal worth as much as $30 million on Tuesday. The person requested anonymity because the deal has not been officially announced.
Martin averaged 14.0 points and shot...
Kevin Martin has agreed to sign a four-year, $28 million contract with the Minnesota Timberwolves, according to a source.
Martin had reportedly also received interest from the Oklahoma City Thunder, New Orleans Pelicans and Milwaukee Bucks.
Martin averaged 14 points for the Thunder last season.
It appears Kevin Martin will not return to the Thunder.
A number of reports have Martin signing a four-year, 28 million deal with Minnesota. Nothing is official until the first day of the free agent signing period on July 10.
"Minny was my first option, outside OKC, so I've got to take it," Martin told Sam Amick of USA Today. "Especially being (with coach Rick...
I’m a little shocked that The Minnesota Timberwolves have agreed to a four-year deal with guard Kevin Martin worth $28 million according to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports.
Martin, an unrestricted free-agent, didn’t shop around for a better offer. There was a little buzz for the former Thunder guard who was in discussions with the Milwaukee Bucks and the Memphis Grizzlies...
The Minnesota Timberwolves have offered a four-year deal to Kevin Martin that could be worth as much as $30 million due to incentives.
Martin was traded to the Oklahoma City Thunder by the Houston Rockets last October in the James Harden trade.
The Thunder had already conceded that they would not be able to re-sign Martin and were interested in a sign-and-trade.
Free agent forward Kevin Martin is signing with the Timberwolves, sources say. The deal will be for 4 years and around $30 million, and leaves the Thunder with even less on their squad from the “Here’s James Harden for nothing!” decision. Que sera.
By the way, there’s a 90% chance I thought this was Kenyon Martin when I first heard it. And then a 70% chance I thought it was...
When Andrei Kirilenko opted out of his contract, improving their wing depth became a pressing off-season need for the Minnesota Timberwolves. The T-Wolves hope to have filled that void by signing free agent shooting guard Kevin Martin and bringing back Chase Budinger. While the moves look good on paper, is it enough to help Minnesota leap into the Western Conference playoff picture...
According to Sam Amick of USA Today Sports, the Sacramento Kings have rescinded their 4-year/$56 million offer to Andre Iguodala and will not pursue the free agent forward any further.
The Sacramento Kings have pulled their offer to free agent small forward Andre Iguodala, according to a person with knowledge of the decision.
After making a four-year offer that the person said was...