Well over the weekend the rumour of Steve Nash going to the Toronto Raptors really heated up. So much so that I have actually started to believe it to be happening. Too good to be true? Probably. But it has been a debate in my house with everyone I see. If anything, it has put the Raptors in the news (State side even).
So before it all plays out, here are all of the pros and cons of why this signing should or should not happen.
- Steve Nash is Canadian.
- He is still one of the best point guards.
- Would give the team a face.
- Would help develop all the young players.
- Would make Bargnani and DeRozan, possibly All-Stars.
- May actually get the Raptors on ESPN or a better TV deal.
- TSN would actually update their horrible NBA set.
- The city would be alive and in love with the Raptors again.
- Would line up the team to attract talent again.
- I kind of see it as adding a name brand store or resto to a neighbourhood that needs a boost.
- Calderon would be gone.
- Sell outs, competing with Leafs for hottest ticket in town.
- Overpaid. 36 mill over 3 years for someone who would hit 40 during contract.
- Bad back.
- Hakeem Olajuwon all over. Yeah you remember that right.
- Casey just rebranded the team as a defense and tough squad. But Nash needs up tempo.
- The money! Wow.
- BC’s job surely would be in question if it does not work.
Personally, I am ready to overlook the payday and just say, it is too good not to do. There are so many good things that will happen to the team, that the on court results would almost be gravy.
Steve Nash is the NBA version of Steve Yzerman, he is just special enough that you want him in the franchise, no matter what age or in what job. The Raptors are not winning a NBA title any time soon, so why not make the adventure a fun one for fans and those in Toronto and Canada.
I say pull the trigger, pay him as much as it takes and get the job done.
What do you think? Good or bad?
Let us know on Facebook.
Delivered to your inbox
|Best of Yardbarker||NFL News||MLB News||NBA News||NHL News|
Today's Best Stuff