Every year, I try and throw together some "bold" predictions before the season starts. These are usually random, sometimes funny and - if I'm lucky - even a little bit accurate. Here are 20 from 2011, 89 from 2010 and 21 from 2009.
Below are 21 for the 2012 season. Enjoy.
1. Jonathan Dwyer starts at least 2 games in 2012.
2. Rashard Mendenhall ends up with twice as many rushing yards both Dwyer and Isaac Redman.
3. Chris Rainey is on IR by Week 8
4. Antonio Brown ends up with more yards and TDs than Mike Wallace, to nobody's surprise.
5. Ben Roethlisberger only starts 13 games due to injury.
6. James Harrison only starts 8.
7. Todd Haley is ridiculed on Twitter before the 10:00 mark of the first quarter in Denver.
8. Casey Hampton rarely sees the field by season's end and Steve McLendon becomes firmly entrenched as the starter.
9. Big Ben tosses 22 TDs and 11 interceptions.
10. Cleveland finishes 4-12. Weeden is awful, gets hurt.
11. Chris Carter is a starting LB by season's end.
12. The offensive line unit plays all 16 games together and provides solid protection for Roethlisberger.
13. Just kidding.
14. Cincinnati finishes 8-8. AJ Green is a total beast.
15. Lawrence Timmons leads the team in tackles and helps solidify the inside of the defense.
16. Pittsburgh finishes 10-6. Injuries suck. Wild Card.
17. Aaron Rodgers wins the MVP.
18. Baltimore finishes 12-4. Ray Rice dominates.
19. David DeCastro gets healthy and becomes a starter. Mike Adams doesn't.
20. Super Bowl: Green Bay over New England.
21. The "woooo" makes its triumphant entrance to Heinz Field during the 3rd quarter of the Dec. 30 game against the Browns.
Delivered to your inbox
|Best of Yardbarker||NFL News||MLB News||NBA News||NHL News|
Today's Best Stuff