In an interview for Extra roughly two months ago former Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez claimed to be a “role model” for Hispanic people. In a few short weeks the Aaron Hernandez saga has gone from bad to worse, and the young man is as far from a role model as can be.
Of course, the only reason this video is of any note is because Hernandez and two others were arrested just a few days ago for the murder of semi-pro football player Odin Lloyd. Just think, if this monster had actually gotten away from this investigation scot-free, this BS about him being a role model to the Hispanic community would still stand.
Here is a brief timeline of the Aaron Hernandez investigation, the source for parts of this timeline and a more complete timeline up to the arrest of Aaron Hernandez can be seen here.
- June 17: The body of semi-pro football player Odin Lloyd is found in an industrial park a mile from Hernandez’s home.
- June 18: Police spend hours searching Hernandez’s home as another group of officers search the industrial park.
- June 19: The Bristol County district attorney’s office says the state medical examiner ruled Lloyd’s death a homicide. A man files a lawsuit claiming Hernandez shot him in the face after they argued at a strip club in Miami in February.
- June 22: State police with dogs return to Hernandez’s home to conduct an additional search.
- June 24: Officers don wetsuits to search woods near Hernandez’s home.
- June 26: Hernandez is taken from his home in handcuffs and driven away in a police cruiser. Later in the day, Hernandez is arraigned and charged with murder and five gun-related charges.
- June 28: Information uncovered in the investigation of the death of Odin Lloyd indicates that he may have been killed for holding information on an unsolved 2012 double-homicide in which Hernandez may be implicated.
Now, if you are paying attention, you might notice that the same guy who failed multiple drug tests at the University of Florida, allegedly shot a man in the face and left him to die, and who likely participated in a 2012 double homicide had the balls to call himself a role model on national TV all before participating in the execution style murder of one of his friends!
Very few things upset me but this is definitely one. I sincerely hope that justice is served for the memory of Odin Lloyd and his family and friends. Extra deserves a special shout out right about now as well. The information about Hernandez’s attitude problems and failed drug tests was readily available at the time of the interview and provided a clear indicator that he is no one’s role model. Maybe try to spend a little more time screening the folks you bring on air and heap praise upon. I won’t rant about what kind of role models we need in the Hispanic community, but Hernandez sure as all hell ain’t one.
The post Aaron Hernandez claimed to be a “role model” two months before murder arrest appeared first on Last Angry Fan.