Originally posted on 60 Max Power O  |  Last updated 6/26/12
A recent NFL.com poll showed that 78% of fans that voted believed that the Houston Texans are a better team than the Dallas Cowboys. There are a number of ways to look at this, 22% of Americans root for America’s team, the other 78% simply hate the Cowboys, or 78% of people genuinely believe the Texans are a better football team on the field. I’m sure it’s some combination of the three, but it got me thinking. This poll was broad when it asked which team was better, so most probably assumed it just meant who was better on the field. But when one delves further into the debate, the Texans are a better team in more ways than one.    Over the next several days, Texans 101 will tackle the debate in a number of different areas. The analysis will look at four key ways in which the Texans are superior to their state rivals. These will include a look at the organizational structures of both teams, the philosophy and construction of both rosters, a comparison of Wade Phillips during hi...
MORE FROM YARDBARKER

Top takeaways from Sunday’s Week 3 NFL action

Odell Beckham pretends to pee like a dog after scoring TD

Jerry Jones explains why he opposes national anthem protests

Bears cornerback pulls a Leon Lett after blocked field goal

Jadeveon Clowney does the Gronk spike after defensive touchdown

LIKE WHAT YOU SEE?
GET THE DAILY NEWSLETTER:

LeGarrette Blount tramples Giants defenders on first-down run

WATCH: Whitney Mercilus sacks Tom Brady, Jadeveon Clowney recovers for TD

Aldon Smith reaches plea deal in DUI case, avoids jail time

WATCH: Duke Johnson scores on brilliant 19-yard run

He's back! Jamaal Charles scores first Broncos TD

LeSean McCoy stretched during national anthem

Getaway Day: Closing time on 2017 regular season

Sports & Politics Intersect: Mayor Garcetti rolls back the NFL red carpet

The 'Greatest Show temporarily not on turf' quiz

Separating MLS playoff contenders from pretenders

WNBA Finals preview: Lynx look for revenge against Sparks

The 'Chris Sale joins an elite club' quiz

Three Up, Three Down: The home runs just keep on coming

Building on the NFL's positive changes beyond 2017

NFL Week 3 predictions

The 'MLB is as powerful as ever' quiz

After a decade in the WNBA, MVP Sylvia Fowles is ready for the spotlight

College football 2017 Week 4 predictions

NFL News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

By clicking "Sign Me Up", you have read and agreed to the Yardbarker Privacy Policy and Terms of Service. You can opt out at any time. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Getaway Day: Closing time on 2017 regular season

Sports & Politics Intersect: Mayor Garcetti rolls back the NFL red carpet

The 'Greatest Show temporarily not on turf' quiz

Separating MLS playoff contenders from pretenders

WNBA Finals preview: Lynx look for revenge against Sparks

Three Up, Three Down: The home runs just keep on coming

The 'Chris Sale joins an elite club' quiz

Building on the NFL's positive changes beyond 2017

NFL Week 3 predictions

After a decade in the WNBA, MVP Sylvia Fowles is ready for the spotlight

Today's Best Stuff
For Publishers
Company Info
Help
Follow Yardbarker