Found May 22, 2013 on
NFL Draft Zone:
San Diego Chargers rookie wide receiver Keenan Allen apologized Monday for posting a photo of himself online wearing an Oakland Raiders cap, saying he didn’t think it would cause the stir that it did to an ESPN reporter.
“Obviously I had a Raiders hat on. I didn’t think it would have the effect that it did have but obviously it did and I didn’t mean for it to happen,” Allen said sheepishly about getting caught wearing gear from the Chargers’ most-hated rival.
“I wasn’t thinking about it at the time. I wasn’t actually thinking about football at all. I was just going to grab a bite to eat. I posted something on Vine.
“I’m sorry about it and it won’t happen again.” Allen said he bought the hat while in college at the University of California.
He posted the picture sometime after being drafted by the Chargers 76th overall (third round) in the 2013 draft.
He also said veteran safety Eric Weddle ”came up to me today and gave me the rundown — don’t do it again.”
I highly doub
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
Chargers director of public relations Bill Johnston said that the team is trying to shield Manti Te'o from the media so the rookie can remain "focused on becoming a Charger."
After a good amount of time treading free agent waters, offensive tackle Max Starks found an island land on. The former Steeler signed with the San Diego Chargers on Tuesday, reports Josina Anderson of ESPN, and later confirmed by the team. The deal is for one-year. Starks, 31 played his entire 9 seasons in the NFL with the Steelers, and started all 16 games in 2012. Pittsburgh...
The San Diego Chargers haven’t ruled out OLB Melvin Ingram returning at some point this season, according to the Union-Tribune San Diego.
Ingram suffered a torn ACL last week and is expected to undergo surgery on Tuesday. The injury will require “minimum of six months to heal,” according Michael Gehlken, so the earliest he could be back is late November.
San Diego wasted...
The San Diego Chargers have been in the market for an
offensive tackle throughout the offseason, and they finally were able to add a
veteran presence yesterday. The Chargers agreed to a one-year contract with
Pittsburgh Steelers free agent Max Starks, according to Josina Anderson of
Max Starks just added via text to me that he is going to San Diego on a , "one year deal...
According to Josina Anderson of ESPN, the San Diego Chargers of signed free agent offensive lineman Max Starks.
Max Starks just sent me a text telling me he is going to the Chargers.
— Josina Anderson (@JosinaAnderson) May 21, 2013
Starks is a solid player that will help strengthen a weak Chargers offensive line.
Need NFL Tickets?
The post Chargers reportedly sign Max...
The San Diego Chargers won't be making rookie linebacker Manti Te'o available to the media until team's June 13 mini camp according to Michael Gehlken of U-T San Diego. The move is an effort to shield Te'o from negative media attention relating to the scandal of Lennay Kekua, his fake ex-girlfriend. To be clear, as most of you know, Te'o was the victim in the...
The San Diego Chargers knew they would have a media disaster when they took Manti Te’o in the 2013 NFL draft. They just didn’t know how big that disaster was going to be. The media is just burning to get Te’o involved in a press conference. It isn’t likely to happen anytime soon. Te’o hasn’t stopped partying though. He went to a party hosted by Maxim Magazine. Who could...
Left tackle Max Starks agreed to a one-year contract with the San Diego Chargers to help protect Philip Rivers' blind side.
Starks, who is 6-foot-8 and 345 pounds, spent his first nine seasons with the Pittsburgh Steelers. He played every offensive snap for the Steelers last year despite tearing the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee during the Steelers' playoff...
Josina Anderson received a text from OT Max Starks that mentioned he’s signing with the San Diego Chargers.
Starks mentioned that he signed a one-year deal with the team.
The Chargers have been in contact with offensive tackle options in the past few weeks, so it’s not surprising to see them some additional help.
Starks, 31, spent a number of seasons with the Steelers, but...
The Chargers have signed tackle Max Starks to a one-year deal.Fantasy Spin:Starks can't help but make the San Diego offensive line better. That in turn should help quarterback Philip Rivers stay upright more often, a necessary ingredient to improving the Chargers offense.
SAN DIEGO — Manti Te’o isn’t hiding out. He’s just not talking to the media.
After being spotted attending a party thrown by the magazine Maxim last week in Hollywood, Te’o was back in San Diego at the Chargers’ second open session of organized team activities on Monday.
For the second straight week, the former Notre Dame linebacker was barred from speaking with reporters...
The Chargers signed LT Max Starks to a one-year deal Tuesday. Was it a late offseason steal or an act of desperation? To find out, we chat with SteelCityInsider.net publisher Jim Wexell. He analyzes Starks' game in detail and calls him perhaps "the most under-appreciated player in Steelers history."
Are the Chargers missing a golden opportunity while Quentin Jammer remains unsigned? Is Tom Telesco better off leaving Max Starks for somebody else to acquire? Which position groups are set up for the most intense offseason battles? These answers and more inside this week's Bolts Notebook.