Found February 10, 2013 on
Green Bay Packers
San Francisco 49ers
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets
1) Introduction: Packers S Morgan Burnett was the lone holdover from 2011 as a starter and pure safety. Charles Woodson was a starter on the 2011 team, but was listed as a cornerback in addition to playing a hybrid safety role. The Packers decided to release the other starting safety, Charlie Peprah, early in training camp. Remember, Burnett missed most of his rookie season in 2010 so this was essentially his second year as a regular player in the defense. This was the first season that Burnett did not miss a game due to injury.
Morgan Mark Burnett
Born: 1/13/1989 in College Park, GA
College: Georgia Tech
Rookie Year: 2010
NFL Experience: 3 years
Career Stats and more
3) Expectations coming into the season: Burnett was the Packers’ “rock” at safety. He was on the field for more of the defensive sub packages than any other safety. He was largely responsible for making sure that youngsters M.D. Jennings and Jerron
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
1) Introduction: Packers safety M.D. Jennings entered 2012 trying to crack the roster at safety after playing primarily on special teams in his rookie season of 2011. With Charles Woodson moving from cornerback to safety and with the team having drafted rookie Jerron McMillian in April’s draft, Jennings faced some stiff competition for reps at safety. Because...
1) Introduction: Packers safety Jerron McMillian was the second of Green Bay’s two fourth round draft picks in 2012 (133rd overall). When the team lost safety Nick Collins in 2011, it quickly became a position of need for the Packers. Charles Woodson would move back to safety, but the team needed some young talent to infuse for the future. Enter McMillian...
1) Introduction: Packers S Charles Woodson was moved to safety in the team’s base 3-4 defense. A broken collarbone injury at St. Louis on October 21st forced Woodson to miss the rest of the regular season. He did not return until the Packers’ Wild Card matchup against the Minnesota Vikings.
Charles C. Woodson
Young Brandon Bostick could be part of a two-headed monster at tight end in 2013
If the Green Bay Packers decide to part ways with tight end Jermichael Finley, the assumption is that GM Ted Thompson would either sign a replacement in free agency or draft one in April. But I’m not so sure about that. I think Finley’s successor, or should I say successors, might already be on the...
1) Introduction: There probably isn’t anyone on the Packers roster right now more infuriating to fans than Jarrett Bush. Coming onto the team as an undrafted free agent in 2006, his performance as a cornerback/safety has been frustrating, to say the least. With an uncanny ability to be in the wrong place at the wrong time (and generally doing the wrong thing), Bush...
Aaron Rodgers appreciates Brett Favre's longevity. He wants to replicate that tenure while playing for the Green Bay Packers. Of course, that will require continued success at a high level and staying healthy. These are two things that don't come easy in the NFL.
According to Garrett Johnston of the Post-Gazette, Rodgers wants to play as long as Favre played...
Looking towards the 2013 NFL Draft…
The latest “All Packers Talk” podcast gets the Packers’ Draft season underway with a general discussion of positional needs.
In tonight’s edition, we “start the conversation.”
We plan on doing a series of these podcasts, looking closely at this Packers team, position group by position group, and analyzing where improvements are needed...
GREEN BAY, Wis. With Greg Jennings one month away from hitting unrestricted free agency, the market for the 29-year-old wide receiver will be heating up soon.
The closest comparison to help determine Jennings' value is wide receiver Vincent Jackson, who signed a five-year, 55 million contract with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers last offseason. Jackson was 29 at the time and had similar...
Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers will be 30 this coming December. After 8 years in the NFL, Rodgers will be entering the second half of his career soon and seems to be reflective on his past and his future. While talking to the Green Bay Press-Gazette, Rodgers had this to say regarding his future in Green Bay.
“I’ve had eight great years there, the last five as...
Today is the 15th day of FOX Sports Wisconsin Packers writer Paul Imig's offseason evaluations of every player on Green Bay's roster. Click here for all of Paul's previous evaluations and come back every day through mid-March for Paul's in-depth film and statistical analysis. Coming up soon:
Today: RB Ryan Grant
Tuesday, Feb. 12: RB Alex Green
Wednesday, Feb. 13...
Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers said he’d like to be the starting quarterback through at least the 2020 season. “I've had eight great years there, the last five as a starter,” Rodgers told the Green Bay Press-Gazette from the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am. “Hopefully I can give them another eight-plus years of playing at a high level.”
Green Bay Packers
1. Running Back
3. Wide Receiver
4. Tight End
5. Outside Linebacker
1. Wide Receiver (2)
2. Defensive Tackle
3. Linebacker (2)
Despite a disappointing end to his 2012 season, Aaron Rodgers still tops the 2013 Fantasy PPR QB Rankings.
Even though the Super Bowl literally ended just days ago, the National Football League is a year-round sport and so is fantasy football. Therefore, despite the fact that the 2013 season is still a good eight months away, it is never too early to take a stab at ranking the...