Found April 04, 2013 on
Heff's Sports Blog:
1. Defensive Tackle: Both of last years' starters are now gone, so at least one DT should be brought in via the draft. It looks like Oakland will use the third overall selection on Lotulelei or Floyd at the moment.
2. Cornerback: This has been a need for a few years now, and they may finally address it early in this draft. I doubt they will go Milliner in the first round, but it is still a possibility. They will probably take one in the third or fourth round and hope he develops.
3. Defensive End: With so few draft picks, they could easily pass up taking a pass rusher, but they still need one opposite Houston. They could find one in the third round if they want to go that route.
4. Safety: With Huff gone they have a big hole at safety. They could use a mid round selection on this.
5. Right Tackle: Some better protection is needed on the right side. A lot of rate round prospects have great potential at the RT position, so they should wait and hope for...
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
The Raiders landed their QB of the future, now they can improve their roster with their top pick.
1 Chiefs - OT Luke Joeckel, Texas A&M
After cutting RT Eric Winston, the Chiefs add Joeckel, the best tackle in this draft will will protect Alex Smith for years to come.
2 Jaguars - OT Eric Fisher, Central Michigan
Not far behind Joeckel, and with higher...
The Oakland Raiders were held back by the defense over the last few years and now, in the 2013 NFL Draft, they must address it.
The defensive line has not been productive since 2010, and it is time for the Raiders to inject youth into it.
With the 3rd overall pick, there are going to be a number of players available at defensive tackle. Star Lotulelei could be selected and used...
According to Mike Freeman of CBS Sports, numerous NFL teams are following JaMarcus Russell as he works on mounting a comeback. I’m told that a number of teams have been following Russell’s comeback attempt closely. It’s not the entire league, but it’s more than a few teams. Freeman believes teams are interested in Russell because there aren’t enough good quarterbacks in...
GOOD TO KNOW
As he continues with his attempt at an NFL comeback, quarterback JaMarcus Russell says he has lost 27 pounds and no longer breathes "like a fat man."
In episode 8 of the Raiders Blog Podcast, Christopher Hansen (@ChrisHansenNFL) and Taylor Armosino (@tarmosino) discuss all impacts of the Matt Flynn/Carson Palmer saga and the signing of Tracy Porter.
or other podcast clients: http://raidersblog.com/feed/podcast
The Raiders have been busy shedding contracts again this offseason and that included shedding the contracts of both of 2012’s starting defensive tackles.
Tommy Kelly had a good run as an Oakland Raider. He was undrafted in 2004 out of Mississippi State. He played his well into the starting roll, and eventually “earned” the largest contract ever for a defensive tackle, totaling...
So in case you were living under a rock, Matt Flynn is winning. Again. From seventh-round pick to backing up arguably the best quarterback in the NFL, Flynn beat the odds early on in his career. He kept beating those odds. After starting just TWO games in his career (including a 480 yard, six touchdown explosion), Flynn was signed to three-year deal with the Seattle Seahawks...