Found April 24, 2013 on Waiting For Next Year:
A storyline that seems to have appeared almost out of nowhere in the last week or so was questions surrounding the health of one of the top corners in the 2013 NFL draft, Dee Milliner. It seems that a story like this comes out every year, and it’s always a bit suspect to try and figure out where it came from and what agenda it might be serving to potentially push a pick down the board a bit. According to a report by Clark Judge at CBS, Milliner is telling anyone who will listen that he’s fine. “I’m doing great, and I didn’t miss any time with the injuries,” he said. “All of them are minor. I don’t even how all this got started, but I’m not really worried about it. Whatever teams takes a chance and picks me, I’ll go out there play for them and play on. (What teams should know is that) I’ve been fine, I had minor surgeries and I missed no games.” We don’t know if Milliner is truly the top corner on the Cleveland Browns’ official draft board, but we do know with a high level of certainty that corner has to be up there in terms of draft need. We also know that if they happen to pick as high as number six without trading down, Dee Milliner could and should seemingly be a potential candidate for the team to pick there. As Clark Judge points out, Milliner is a popular match for the Cleveland Browns in mock drafts all over the Internet. So we’ll see if the injury news or subsequent rebuttals have any impact on the Browns’ draft thinking tomorrow. When our own TD wrote about it, it was a consideration that represented a 30% swing in likelihood that he thought the Browns would consider Milliner. We have heard his stock had been dropping over the past week, but these injuries could potentially add to his slide. NFL teams however, have had access to this information for a while now. The Browns still need a corner desperately and Milliner is still the best on the board. If asked for a percentage of whether the Browns will take Milliner at six, I originally gave it 65% chance. After these latest injury reports, I would lower it to 35%.   [Related: The Browns and the First Round: Dee Milliner]
THE BACKYARD
BEST OF MAXIM
RELATED ARTICLES

NFL News: Browns LB Quentin Groves arrested in prostitution sting

Newly signed Cleveland Browns linebacker Quentin Groves was arrested on charges of soliciting prostitutes, Cleveland Scene’s Vince Grzegorek reports. Groves was caught in a sting run by the Orange and Beachwood police along with the Cuyahoga County Sheriff’s Department. Per Grzegorek, Groves responded to an advertisement and requested “full service” from an officer posing...

Browns select DE Barkevious Mingo with the 6th pick

Barkevious Mingo is coming into this NFL draft a little green as he only came to the game of football in his junior year of high school.  Even though he was still new, he earned a 4 Star Rating as he was recruited and accepted a scholarship to play at LSU.  According to his Wikipedia page he got his unusual first name from his mother, as she created a combination of the first three...

With Their First Pick The Cleveland Browns Select:

Dee Miliner, Alabama. I would like to see the Browns make this pick because it would give them a great one two punch at the corners with Joe Haden. The biggest mistake they could make in my opinion would be to draft any of the quarterbacks that high. We already have a quarterback on the roster that we reached for in Brandon Weeden, there is no need to do it again. By Kevin Clarke...

Browns Quentin Groves arrested in police Craig’s List prostitution sting

  What do you do if you’re a professional athlete looking for a little no strings attached loving for the night? You hit up Craig’s list of course! At least that’s what newly signed Cleveland Browns linebacker Quentin Groves did. The bad news for him, it just happened to be a police prostitution sting.  Groves was in Cleveland last week for a mini camp and since he’s new...

NFL Draft Rumor: Browns trying to trade up to land Geno Smith

The winds could be shifting in Berea as the Cleveland Browns are now rumored to be considering a trade up to the third spot in the NFL Draft to select West Virginia quarterback Geno Smith. Once thought to be in the market to be trading down to acquire an extra draft pick, assumed to be in the second round, Pro Football Talk’s Mike Florio reports that there is a buzz building which...

Browns LB Quentin Groves Arrested In Police Prostitution Sting

Quentin Groves just signed a deal with the Cleveland Browns, and he might be in hot water because of his need to blow of some steam. The Big Lead is reporting that Groves was arrested in a Police prostitution sting on April 17. On April 17, according to the police report, Groves arrived at Room 231 of the Homestead Guest Studios. He had responded to an ad and requested “full service”...

Cleveland Browns: To Trade or Not to Trade in the 2013 NFL Draft?

The Browns traded up for Trent Richardson in the 2012 Draft, will they trade down in the 2013 Draft? We are finally on the eve of the NFL draft.  The 2013 NFL Draft is set to get underway tomorrow night at 8pm in New York City at the Radio City Music Hall.  There will be no kick lines to be seen, but nervous twenty-somethings, and bear hugs by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell will...

Nate Ulrich of the Akron Beacon Journal talks about being a beat writer and the Browns draft – WFNY Podcast – 2013-04-23

Nate Ulrich’s first appearance on the podcast was a good one. We talk about what it’s like to be a beat writer, and also some more specifics about what to expect from the Browns on Thursday. Covering the Browns and how it’s been over the last four years Jimmy Haslam’s approval at the ownership group Pilot Flying J scandal The layers of management in Berea Fan negativity...

Browns Targeting A Pass Rusher With First Pick?

According to Jason Cole of Yahoo Sports, it “sounds” like the Cleveland Browns are leaning towards taking a pass-rusher in the first-round. Mike Silver mentions that the Browns could trade up with the Raiders and grab BYU DE Ezekiel Ansah at No. 3 overall. The Browns are one of the more interesting teams to watch in the early portion of round one, simply because they could...

NFL Draft Day Rumor: Browns inquiring about QB Ryan Mallet again

Jeff Howe of the Boston Herald is reporting that the Cleveland Browns have called the New England Patriots looking to trade for former Arkansas QB Ryan Mallet- “The Browns have continued to show interest in acquiring Mallett from the Patriots, according to a source. The Pats want at least a second-round pick in return for the backup quarterback who was taken in the third round...

Feliz Navi-draft! NFL First-Round Preview/Open Thread

 Matt Borcas is a Mentor, Ohio native who recently emerged from a field of 4,000 competitors to land a job writing about the NFL for ESPN’s Grantland. Matt’s Browns-centric column on the NFL Draft will run regularly here all the way up to draft weekend and through its immediate aftermath. Below is his first-round preview and your official first-round draft day open thread. Don’t...

WFNY T-shirt giveaway and NFL Draft link roundup

It’s Draft Day in Cleveland. So we at WaitingForNextYear know there’s a lot going on out there. That’s why we’re back with one final draft post — as a T-shirt contest and to recap all the talk over the past week. Enjoy and thanks for being the best readers. WFNY Draft Day T-Shirt Contest: Only one entry permissible per household. A single comment will be selected randomly...

The Browns and the First Round: Star Lotulelei

We are less than a week from the NFL Draft, also known as the most important day of the year for your Cleveland Browns. With (another) new regime taking over the reigns and new schemes in place on both sides of the ball, it is crucial that Joe Banner, Mike Lombardi, Ray Farmer, Rob Chudzinski and the crew nail these three days. It all starts Thursday night with the primetime First...
Browns News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.