A lot has changed since we last mocked the draft. In fact, only hours after we went out on a limb and gave Geno Smith to the Kansas City Chiefs, Alex Smith was traded to Andy Reid's new team and our mock draft was already even more flawed than it was in the first place.
With the brunt of free agency out of the way, here's how we see the top 10 picks unfolding now...
1. Kansas City Chiefs: Luke Joeckel (OT, Texas A&M) -- I get the feeling they're keeping everyone guessing in order to increase the value of the pick, but logic says they're going with a tackle and forcing Branden Albert to eventually move to the right side. Why else would you release Eric Winston?
2. Jacksonville Jaguars: Geno Smith (QB, West Virginia) -- They have no ties to Blaine Gabbert and the new ownership is desperate for a makeover. They'll roll the dice on a potential franchise quarterback. However, I don't see this working out well.
3. Oakland Raiders: Sharrif Floyd (DT, Florida) -- Seems like it would be hard for the Raiders to screw this up now that Smith's out of their grasp. Dee Milliner and Dion Jordan would also be good picks here.
4. Philadelphia Eagles: Star Lotulelei (DT, Utah) -- I think they go Smith if they can, but in this case they hope that a quarterback is there in Round 2 and take the best player available that also addresses a need. For them, that could be Eric Fisher or Dee Milliner, but I'm projecting Lotulelei. He'd be a solid complement to Isaac Sopoaga and Fletcher Cox.
5. Detroit Lions: Eric Fisher (OT, Central Michigan) -- No way the Lions let the local product get away. Matt Stafford would kill them. They need a pillar tackle like this, and can move Riley Reiff around.
6. Cleveland Browns: Dee Milliner (CB, Alabama) -- Best player available works out nicely for a team that needs help against some stellar AFC North passing attacks. He and Joe Haden would be an exciting duo.
7. Arizona Cardinals: Ezekiel Ansah (DE, BYU) -- No offensive linemen make sense in this range so I'm giving them the best defensive player available. Ansah's a freak who would start from the get-go in Arizona.
8. Buffalo Bills: Cordarrelle Patterson (WR, Tennessee) -- The Bills are in desperate need of support for Stevie Johnson. They'll definitely look for a quarterback early too though. Knowing them, maybe even in this spot.
9. New York Jets: Barkevious Mingo (OLB, LSU) -- A very obvious pick for a team that really needs pass-rushing help. Wouldn't rule out Kenny Vaccaro here, either. They've got nobody at safety.
10. Tennessee Titans: Kenny Vaccaro (S, Texas) -- Lots of needs for the Titans, but especially in the defensive backfield. Vaccaro is the best defensive back available at this point, and he's the best safety in the draft by a wide margin.