Found January 11, 2013 on
Football Extra Points:
Denver, New England and Green Bay each have a future Hall of Fame Quarterback on their roster. This weekend is going to have some great QB play.
The Wildcard round brought us some pretty bad games. The marque quarterbacks were on a bye so this week should be a lot better.
Here are the quarterbacks and how they stack-up
1) Manning - Peyton Manning is the MVP of the League this year so he has to be the best QB on the board. He's lead the Broncos to the #1 Seed in an AFC that has a lot of competition at the top. This will be a great game for Manning against an old Ravens defense.
2) Brady - It's hard not to put Brady at the top but this season Peyton gets the honor. The Patriots can put up 50 and they just might against a Texans team that is falling apart.
3) Rodgers - Aaron Rodgers is a great QB but this season it just doesn't seem like he has everything together. There have been a lot of injuries on the offensive side of the ball this season and maybe that's it.
4) Ryan - Matt Ryan has to win this game to quiet the critics. He's had two weeks to listen to everyone talk about how he can't win in the playoffs. He will have so much pressure on him before the game starts I hope he can concentrate. Too bad he's running into the Seahawks buzzsaw defense.
6) Wilson - Russell Wilson is playing at a very high level right now and the only rookie QB still in the playoffs. He landed on a great team and has taken advantage of his opportunities. A great defense and great running game help a young QB's development.
6) Schaub - The Texans and Schaub are really struggling. They beat the Bengals last week but it wasn't an impressive victory. Schaub has to score on every possession to keep up with the Patriots. I don't see that happening.
7) Kaepernick - I think the right devision is to have Kaepernick start over Alex Smith. The 49ers have a more explosive feel on offense with Colin behind center. I like where he's going but he's not at the top of this list yet.
8) Flacco - I do not see Ravens' fans obsession with Joe Flacco. He went 12-23 last week. I don't care what his yards were, you cannot consistently win in the NFL throwing under 50%. The Ravens are going to get rolled this weekend.
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
Michael Vick was the previous record holder for most postseason rushing yard for a quarterback with 116 yards and that has now been blown away by Colin Kaepernick after the 49ers rolled over the Packers tonight. Kaepernick rushed for 181 yards which is the most any quarterback has ever rushed for in a regular or postseason game. After tonight’s blowout win, it’s obvious that...
San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick had quite a Saturday evening. Against the Packers, he ran for 181 yards setting an NFL record for quarterbacks.The highlight was undoubtedly this run in the third quarter which broke a 24-24 tie. The 49ers won the game 45-31 advancing to the NFC Championship round.
The 49ers will wait until Sunday’s game between the Falcons and...
Quarterback Colin Kaepernick (17-31, 263 yards, 2 TD, INT, 14 carries, 181 yards, 2 rushing TDs) overcame an early interception Saturday night and ran himself into the records books to lead his San Francisco 49ers to victory against the Green Bay Packers. The Packers defense simply could not contain the scrambling Kaepernick as he left the pocket frequently, obliterating the record...
Colin Kaepernick repeatedly raced past the Green Bay defense on option runs. Frank Gore barreled over the Packers on more traditional plays.
A week after holding 2,000-yard rusher Adrian Peterson in check, the Packers were run over by the San Francisco 49ers and sent home from the playoffs with a 45-31 loss Saturday night.
The Packers (12-6) came into the game brimming with confidence...
Kaepernick played very little in the first meeting between these teams. He will be a big focus of the Green Bay defense on Saturday
Some would simply look at this season’s week one matchup between the Green Bay Packers and San Francisco 49ers to start breaking down this upcoming Saturday’s divisional playoff game. But each of these teams has made a sizeable change between...
Green Bay's season ended in crushing fashion, with second-year quarterback Colin Kaepernick piling up a stunning 446 yards and four touchdowns as the 49ers routed the Packers 45-31 in Saturday night's divisional game.
GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Aaron Rodgers knows the Packers aren't going to advance to the NFC Championship Game without him performing at the elite level he's capable of. That's fine by him. In fact, the star quarterback and league's reigning Most Valuable Player embraces that role.
"Guys are counting on me to play well," Rodgers said this week. "I take that...
Unfortunately the next time we see Rodgers, he will be in a red practice jersey. He has a few months to get fired up about another embarrassing playoff loss
Well, the Green Bay Packers 2012 season is in the books after the Divisional round playoff loss to the San Francisco 49ers. It’s time for my thoughts on tonight’s game and ask the burning question: Now what?
The 49ers Colin Kaepernick set the record for playoff rushing yards by a QB and then went on to set the record for running yards by a quarterback in any game with 181. The Big Lead compiled all of...
Full story at Bob's Blitz ~ http://www.bobsblitz.com
San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick was out of the Green Bay Packers’ reach all game.
Colin Kaepernick killed the Green Bay Packers defense on Saturday night. It was a one-man show, and he was unstoppable.
“We thought that passing-wise, we would be alright, regardless of how he was throwing,” said veteran safety Charles Woodson, as quoted by Jason Wilde of ESPN...
SAN FRANCISCO -- Quarterback Colin Kaepernick rushed for a team playoff record 183 yards -- the most ever in the postseason by an NFL quarterback -- and running back Frank Gore ran for 119, leading the San Francisco 49ers to a 45-31 victory Saturday night over the Green Bay Packers in an NFC Divisional playoff game at Candlestick Park. The 49ers advanced to the NFC Championship...
This evening’s divisional playoff game features the Green Bay Packers taking on the San Francisco 49ers. Weather will not play a role in tonight’s contest. Afternoon high temperatures of the low 50′s under sunny skies will give way to a clear night with temperatures in the mid-40′s. This playoff game will be one of three in the divisional round which features a rematch of...
In Part 2 of our five-part series previewing Saturday night's NFC divisional playoff game, NinersDigest’s Craig Massei and PackerReport’s Bill Huber break down the matchups when the 49ers hand the football to Colin Kaepernick and the passing game.
Just like that, the Packers' season is over. After a win in the opening week of the playoffs, Green Bay's road to the Super Bowl was potentially lining up just as it did two years ago. This time, however, the Packers were unable to string together any victories on the road, with the team now looking for offseason answers for the second year in a row after a divisional round...