It’s finally back.
As if I even need to mention it, the NFL season is back in full swing. After the first batch of games, it appears as if it will be another hugely defense-heavy year for Penn Staters in the NFL.
As of posting, there are only 4 Nittany Lions on NFL roster in offensive, stat-recording positions (Sorry, lineman!) and of those, only 1 is a starter.
If there’s any fan base that can appreciate a solid defensive showing, though, it’s us Penn Staters. Luckily for us, in week 1 there was plenty of outstanding defense to be seen.
See how all of the Nittany Lions did on opening weekend after the jump!Quarterbacks
- Pat Devlin, Dolphins — No stats recorded
- Michael Robinson, Seahawks — No stats recorded
- Evan Royster, Redskins — 2 rushes for 10 yards
- Jordan Norwood, Browns — Inactive (Coach’s decision)
- Dennis Landolt, Jets — Inactive (Knee)
- Rich Ohrnberger, Cardinals
- A.Q. Shipley, Colts
- Stefen Wisniewski, Raiders
- Chris Baker, Redskins — Inactive (Coach’s decision)
- Jack Crawford, Raiders — Plays Monday night
- Jared Odrick, Dolphins — 2 tackles
- Devon Still, Bengals — Plays Monday night
- Cameron Wake, Dolphins – 3 tackles, 1 for loss
- Navorro Bowman, 49ers — 11 tackles, 1 interception, 1 pass defended
- Dan Connor, Cowboys — No stats recorded
- Sean Lee, Cowboys — 12 tackles, 1 forced fumble
- Aaron Maybin, Jets — No stats recorded
- Paul Posluszny, Jaguars — 7 tackles, 1 pass defended
- Tamba Hali, Chiefs — Suspended (1 game for violating substance abuse policy)
- Josh Hull, Rams — 1 tackle
- Bryan Scott, Bills — 2 tackles, 1 interception, 1 forced fumble
- Tim Shaw, Titans — No stats recorded
- Justin King, Colts — 2 tackles, 2 passes defended
- Robbie Gould, Bears — 2/2 FGs (35, 26 yards); 5/5 XPs
- Stephfon Green, RB, Lions
- Chris Hogan, WR, Dolphins
- Nate Stupar, LB, Raiders
- Phil Taylor, DT, Browns — PUP
- Andrew Quarless, TE, Packers — PUP
- Johnnie Troutman, OG, Chargers — Reserve/Non-football injury
- Levi Brown, LT, Cardinals — IR
- Brett Brackett, TE, Jaguars – IR
- You can watch the video of Bryan Scott‘s interception off of Mark Sanchez here. Despite the fact that it was a poor pass with an unlucky deflection, Scott showed some fancy footwork for his 8th career INT. He also forced a fumble on Shonn Greene in the second quarter, but Greene was able to recover it.
- Navorro Bowman chose a great time to score his first career interception. With the Niners up by 8 points with 8:50 remaining in the game, Bowman snagged an Aaron Rodger’s pass over the middle. On the next play, Frank Gore broke off a 23-yard touchdown run and the game was sealed. You can watch the video here.
- Watch Sean Lee make rookie running back David Wilson cry by forcing a fumble on his second career carry.
- Even though he was listed as the first RB on the depth chart, Evan Royster did not start and only received 2 carries on Sunday afternoon. Rookie Alfred Morris got the start and ended up with 28 carries for 96 yards (3.4 ypc) and 2 touchdowns. I had been expecting a RB-by-committee approach out of Mike Shanahan, so it will be interesting to see how the carries are spread next week.
- For live updates throughout Sundays for most of the season, make sure you’re following @PSUintheNFL on Twitter!
For more great articles, check out PSU in the NFL.
Delivered to your inbox
|Best of Yardbarker||NFL News||MLB News||NBA News||NHL News|
Today's Best Stuff