It’s finally back.
As if I even need to mention it, the NFL season is back in full swing. After the first batch of games, it appears as if it will be another hugely defense-heavy year for Penn Staters in the NFL.
As of posting, there are only 4 Nittany Lions on NFL roster in offensive, stat-recording positions (Sorry, lineman!) and of those, only 1 is a starter.
If there’s any fan base that can appreciate a solid defensive showing, though, it’s us Penn Staters. Luckily for us, in week 1 there was plenty of outstanding defense to be seen.
See how all of the Nittany Lions did on opening weekend after the jump!Quarterbacks
- Pat Devlin, Dolphins — No stats recorded
- Michael Robinson, Seahawks — No stats recorded
- Evan Royster, Redskins — 2 rushes for 10 yards
- Jordan Norwood, Browns — Inactive (Coach’s decision)
- Dennis Landolt, Jets — Inactive (Knee)
- Rich Ohrnberger, Cardinals
- A.Q. Shipley, Colts
- Stefen Wisniewski, Raiders
- Chris Baker, Redskins — Inactive (Coach’s decision)
- Jack Crawford, Raiders — Plays Monday night
- Jared Odrick, Dolphins — 2 tackles
- Devon Still, Bengals — Plays Monday night
- Cameron Wake, Dolphins – 3 tackles, 1 for loss
- Navorro Bowman, 49ers — 11 tackles, 1 interception, 1 pass defended
- Dan Connor, Cowboys — No stats recorded
- Sean Lee, Cowboys — 12 tackles, 1 forced fumble
- Aaron Maybin, Jets — No stats recorded
- Paul Posluszny, Jaguars — 7 tackles, 1 pass defended
- Tamba Hali, Chiefs — Suspended (1 game for violating substance abuse policy)
- Josh Hull, Rams — 1 tackle
- Bryan Scott, Bills — 2 tackles, 1 interception, 1 forced fumble
- Tim Shaw, Titans — No stats recorded
- Justin King, Colts — 2 tackles, 2 passes defended
- Robbie Gould, Bears — 2/2 FGs (35, 26 yards); 5/5 XPs
- Stephfon Green, RB, Lions
- Chris Hogan, WR, Dolphins
- Nate Stupar, LB, Raiders
- Phil Taylor, DT, Browns — PUP
- Andrew Quarless, TE, Packers — PUP
- Johnnie Troutman, OG, Chargers — Reserve/Non-football injury
- Levi Brown, LT, Cardinals — IR
- Brett Brackett, TE, Jaguars – IR
- You can watch the video of Bryan Scott‘s interception off of Mark Sanchez here. Despite the fact that it was a poor pass with an unlucky deflection, Scott showed some fancy footwork for his 8th career INT. He also forced a fumble on Shonn Greene in the second quarter, but Greene was able to recover it.
- Navorro Bowman chose a great time to score his first career interception. With the Niners up by 8 points with 8:50 remaining in the game, Bowman snagged an Aaron Rodger’s pass over the middle. On the next play, Frank Gore broke off a 23-yard touchdown run and the game was sealed. You can watch the video here.
- Watch Sean Lee make rookie running back David Wilson cry by forcing a fumble on his second career carry.
- Even though he was listed as the first RB on the depth chart, Evan Royster did not start and only received 2 carries on Sunday afternoon. Rookie Alfred Morris got the start and ended up with 28 carries for 96 yards (3.4 ypc) and 2 touchdowns. I had been expecting a RB-by-committee approach out of Mike Shanahan, so it will be interesting to see how the carries are spread next week.
- For live updates throughout Sundays for most of the season, make sure you’re following @PSUintheNFL on Twitter!
For more great articles, check out PSU in the NFL.
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!
|Best of Yardbarker||NFL News||MLB News||NBA News||NHL News|
Today's Best Stuff