After a drought of sacks over the first 3 weeks of the season, the final weekend of September provided nothing short of a bounty. Leading the way was Cameron Wake, who hadn’t had a single sack this season before this weekend.
We also got to see a Penn State wide receiver in action for the first time this season, as Jordan Norwood made the game day roster for Cleveland’s Thursday night showcase.
See how all of the Nittany Lions did in week 4 after the jump!Quarterbacks
- Pat Devlin, Dolphins — Inactive (Third QB)
- Michael Robinson, Seahawks — No stats recorded
- Evan Royster, Redskins — 2 rushes for 4 yards, 3 receptions for 15 yards
- Jordan Norwood, Browns — 4 receptions for 56 yards
- Dennis Landolt, Jets
- Rich Ohrnberger, Cardinals
- Stefen Wisniewski, Raiders
- Chris Baker, Redskins — No stats recorded
- Jack Crawford, Raiders — 2 tackles
- Jared Odrick, Dolphins — 3 tackles, 1 sack
- Devon Still, Bengals — No stats recorded
- Cameron Wake, Dolphins – 4.5 sacks
- Navorro Bowman, 49ers — 8 tackles, 1 pass defended
- Dan Connor, Cowboys — Plays Monday night
- Sean Lee, Cowboys — Plays Monday night
- Aaron Maybin, Jets — 1 tackle
- Paul Posluszny, Jaguars — 11 tackles
- Tamba Hali, Chiefs — 5 tackles, 1 for loss, 1 sack
- Josh Hull, Rams — No stats recorded
- Bryan Scott, Bills — 14 tackles, 1 fumble recovery
- Tim Shaw, Titans — 1 tackle
- Justin King, Colts — Bye week
- Robbie Gould, Bears — Plays Monday night
- Phil Taylor, DT, Browns — PUP
- Andrew Quarless, TE, Packers — PUP
- Johnnie Troutman, OG, Chargers — Reserve/Non-football injury
- Levi Brown, LT, Cardinals — IR
- Brett Brackett, TE, Jaguars – IR
- It seems that Cameron Wake has finally figured out the defensive end position. After recording 0 sacks over the first three weeks in his new position, Wake blew up on Sunday, reaching & tackling Kevin Kolb 5 times in a losing effort for the Dolphins. In this one game, he more than halved his sack total from last year, when he had 8.5.
- Wake’s defensive-line-mate Jared Odrick also picked up a sack for the second week in a row.
- Speaking of excelling in new positions, Bryan Scott was involved in a crucial play once again. This time, he recovered a fumble after Wes Welker showed some butterfingers. Scott has been in involved in a turnover (forced or recovered) in every single game this season so far. This season, Scott switched entirely to linebacker, instead of his safety/linebacker position that he was deployed in last season. His 14 tackles on the day were also a career high — out of a 10-year career.
- It’s hard to believe, but it took until week 4 for Tamba Hali to record his first sack of the ’12-’13 campaign. He did miss the team’s opening weekend game because of suspension, so perhaps that contributed to the dry spell. Still, even 2 weeks without a sack seems like a long time for Hali.
- After having a relatively break-out campaign last season, Jordan Norwood finally saw NFL action for the first time this season. His numbers were certainly impressive for his season debut, but he did drop a few crucial passes. That being said, if the injury bug continues to bite Cleveland WRs, we could be seeing a lot more Norwood.
For more great articles, check out PSU in the NFL.
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!
|Best of Yardbarker||NFL News||MLB News||NBA News||NHL News|
Today's Best Stuff