Per the Los Angeles Times’ Jack Leonard and Helene Elliott:
Los Angeles County prosecutors are reviewing an allegation by a woman who alleges she was sexually assaulted earlier this year by L.A. Kings player Drew Doughty, a district attorney’s spokeswoman said Tuesday.
“It’s under review,” said spokeswoman Sandi Gibbons, who declined to detail the allegations, citing the office’s pending decision. “I expect a resolution this week.”
Doughty’s attorney, Craig Renetzky, said that although the case was technically under review, he expects it will be rejected this week.
The Hermosa Beach Police Department, which investigated the case, did not return numerous calls for comment Tuesday afternoon.
Doughty was the second overall pick by the Kings in the 2008 draft. The Canadian defenseman missed almost all of training camp before this season before signing an eight-year, $56-million deal that made him the team’s highest-paid player by average annual value. He had two goals and four assi...