Originally posted on PredsOnTheGlass | Last updated 1/24/12
7:30 p.m. CST TV: Fox Sports Tennessee. Preds Radio Network (102.5-FM The Game)
The Predators continue on their amazing run and make one last pit stop on the road in Chicago to play the Blackhawks before getting some deserved time off over the All-Star break. The Predators are 9-2-0 in January while Chicago has cooled slightly and are 5-4-2 for the month. With a regulation win, the Preds could move past the Hawks in the standings and into third place in the Central Division.
Make the jump for everything else...
Western Conference Standings...
Team GP Pts
1. * Detroit 49 67
2. * Vancouver 48 62
3. * San Jose 46 58
4. St Louis 48 64
5. Chicago 49 64
6. Nashville 49 62
7. Los Angeles 50 58
8. Colorado 50 54
9. Minnesota 48 53
10. Calgary 49 52
10. Dallas 47 50
11. Phoenix 49 50
The Preds and Blackhawks have met twice this year and have three more meeting slated for the rest of the year. Chicago won 5-4 in overtime on Halloween at the United Center and the Predators won last Saturday at home 5-2 in one of the Preds better games in recent memory. The Predators are 15-22-2 playing in Chicago but has been more than competitive in recent years.
Last Time Out...
Nashville finished their season series with Columbus last night in a 4-1 win highlighted by two goals from Mike Fisher's and Pekka Rinne's 17th win in his last 19 decisions.
Chicago has been idle since last Saturday's 5-2 loss to the Predators in Nashville
Top Scorers (G-A-Pts)...
Nashville - M. Erat (11-24-35), S. Weber (10-24-34), D. Legwand (13-17-30), C.Smith (10-18-28), M. Fisher (11-16-27), R. Suter (5-22-27), S. Kostitsyn (12-14-26), and C. Wilson (9-17-26).
Chicago - M. Hossa (20-32-52), J. Toews (27-23-50), P. Kane (11-3-41), P. Sharp (20-20-40), V. Stalberg (14-15-29), D. Keith (3-24-27), D. Bolland (14-11-25), and N. Leddy (2-22-24).
In Goal (W-L-O, GAA, save %)...
Nashville - P. Rinne (possible start) (27-11-4, 2.39, .924) and A. Lindback (2-5-0, 2.50, .898)
Chicago - C. Crawford (Starter) (18-11-4, 2,88, .902) and R. Emery (11-3-2, 2.57, .907)
Teams Predators Blackhawks Record29-16-4 (62) 29-14-6 (64) Last 108-2-05-3-2Home Record 16-7-319-5-4Road Record13-9-110-9-1Power Play (rank)22.3 (2)18.8 (9)Penalty Kill (rank)83.3 (11)78.3 (28)Goals For (rank)2.74 (12)3.30 (3)Goals Allowed (rank) 2.55 (9)2.82 (17)Shots For (rank)27.5 (26)32.0 (6)Shots Allowed (rank)31.1 (22)29.2 (9)Penalty Mins (rank)9.6 (5)10.4 (10)Faceoff % (rank)49.5 (20)52.1 (3)
Nashville - Francis Bouillon (upper body).
Chicago. Dan Carcillo (knee), Patrick Sharp (upper body), and Jonathan Toews (upper body).
- Predators are 11-2-0 in the last 13 and have averaged 3.15 goals while allowing 1.76 in that span.
- Three players have at least 11 points in the last 13 games; Mile Fisher (6g,6a), Marty Erat (3g, 9a), and Sergei Kostitsyn (7g, 4a).
- Rinne is 17-2-0 in the last 19 decisions starting with a win in Columbus on December 8.
- Nashville is 10-2-2 against the Central Division this season.
- The Predator Penalty Kill has been perfect for seven games and 13 of last 15.
- Nashville is 5-2-0 in the front end of back to back games and 2-4-0 on the back side. They will have four more this season after tonight.
- Craig Smith leads the Preds in road points with 17 (6g, 11a) in 22 games.
- The Predators are 23-2-2 when scoring more than two goals and 22-1-1 when the opponent gets two or less goals.
- The Predators are 13-0-1 when Nick Spaling scores.
- The Preds have comeback from a 2 or 3 goal deficits 6 times this season
Second City Hockey
The Sun Times
The Daily Herald
Game Notes from NHL Media Services
A Look Ahead for the Preds...
Tonight @ Chicago Blackhawks 7:30 p.m.
1-25 to 1-30 All-Star Break
Tuesday (1-31) @ Minnesota 7 p.m.
Thursday (2-2) @ Philadelphia 6 p.m.
Saturday (2-4) St. Louis 7 p.m.(Bridgestone Arena)
Buddy Oakes for PredsOnTheGlass
MORE FROM YARDBARKER:
Cult of Sport: Before there was Ezekiel Elliott, there was Eric Dickerson
MORE FROM YARDBARKER
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!
Follow us on Twitter
|Best of Yardbarker||NFL News||MLB News||NBA News||NHL News|
Today's Best Stuff