from Scott Cullen of TSN, Using my NHL Player Rankings, and not including players that re-signed with their old teams, here are my leading contenders among players that have seen action in at least half a dozen games.
The usual caveats about small sample size have to apply when looking at the first 10-15 games of a season, but it’s fascinating to see how many guys that would be considered after-thoughts that rank among the leaders early in this season.
RANK PLAYER POS TEAM .RATING
1. Brian Elliott G St. Louis 93.54
2. Sheldon Souray D Dallas 90.52
3. Jaromir Jagr RW Philadelphia 81.21
4. Mike Smith G Phoenix 79.52
5. Michael Ryder RW Dallas 77.69
read on for the next 25 players…