Former WWE Superstar Evan Bourne recently spoke with Scott Fishman of The Miami Herald. The full interview is available at this link. Below are some highlights:Working a NXT event in Miami in 2013, which helped him get cleared to return after breaking his foot in four places in a 2012 car wreck: “They wanted to make sure I was completely healthy, which basically required a dry...
Ring of Honor officials have announced that Matt Sydal, better known as Evan Bourne to WWE fans, will make his official return to the company at their next television taping. That particular event is part of their Reloaded tour and it will take place September 27th inside of Wheeling, West Virginia’s WesBanco Arena. You can order tickets to attend the event here.
- As noted, former WWE Superstar Evan Bourne (Matt Sydal) did a live shoot interview with Kayfabe Commentaries a few weeks back. Replays can be found at this link for $15.99. Bourne was asked who is the “biggest ******** in WWE in terms of authority. He replied:
“I don’t think you could call any of the producers little ******* at all. Every now and then they try and get the...
As noted, former WWE Superstar Evan Bourne (Matt Sydal) did a live shoot interview with Kayfabe Commentaries this past weekend. Replays can be found at this link for $15.99. Bourne was asked who is a “flower” or soft backstage. He replied:
“I guess everyone heard the story about how Sheamus got dropped by Yoshi Tatsu so I think that sort of makes him soft. I will say Sheamus...
As noted, former WWE Superstar Evan Bourne (Matt Sydal) did a live shoot interview with Kayfabe Commentaries this weekend. Replays can be found at this link for $15.99. Bourne was asked if John Cena is a backstage politician or if that’s just another internet accusation. He replied:
“I think people say you play politics on your way up. When I got to WWE, Cena was already a top...
Evan Bourne was one of the several WWE superstars that have been released in the past couple of weeks. According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Bourne was scheduled to appear at Ring of Honor’s pay-per-view in Nashville last week as his former name, Matt Sydal.
Evan Bourne was scheduled to come out for an interview before the Ring of Honor World Championship match and challenge...
According to ProWrestling.net, Evan Bourne was backstage last night’s Ring of Honor’s “Best in the World” pay-per-view. Bourne was released by the WWE eleven days ago.
Before entering the WWE, Bourne competed in Ring of Honor under the name Matt Sydal. The former WWE star has a 90-day noncompete clause due to his release and is allowed to work independent dates, but cannot...
- WWE stock dropped 3.13% today, closing at $11.75 per share. Today’s high was $12.20 and the low was $11.66.
- WWE Tag Team Champions The Usos were giving medals out to winners at today’s Special Olympics events in New Jersey. They also signed autographs for fans at Olympic Town.
- Former WWE star Curt Hawkins is now selling several items from his WWE career on eBay at this...
The top of the card in WWE is producing some top quality storylines at the moment. With Seth Rollins heel turn and the World Heavyweight Championship saga, there are some exciting things happening. However, the undercard isn’t quite as stimulating. In fact, it’s downright boring.
- Here’s another post-WWE update from Evan Bourne on Thursday evening:
“In good news: ‘I’ll wrestling again soon’ will actually BE happening. Please be patient b/c nothing will happen until the dust settles… Thank you again for your unwavering support. I’ll continue to be active on twitter/instagram and I’m working on setting up a FB. Much love!”
- WWE stock was up another 0.71% today, closing at $11.33 per share. Today’s high was $11.49 and the low was $11.18.
- The dark match before tonight’s WWE NXT TV tapings at Full Sail University saw Solomon Crowe defeat Bull Dempsey with a Stretch Muffler.
- Evan Bourne tweeted the following about his WWE release this evening:
“Thanks for the love friends! Thanks for the good...
Well that escalated quickly. WWE has confirmed the release of several superstars, making for an interesting Thursday morning on Twitter. From Aksana to Yoshi, nearly the entire alphabet was covered when WWE decided to part ways with a collection of their performers. Here is the updated list, as confirmed by multiple outlets including WWE.com.
The WWE is making cuts today with ten talents being given their release so far. They include:
referee Marc Harris
With both McIntyre and Mahal being released, that brings an end to the group 3MB. After training in developmental for a few years, it looked like McIntyre (Drew...
WWE has gone on a future endeavors spree today and released Evan Bourne, Teddy Long, Brodus Clay, Yoshi Tatsu, Camacho, Curt Hawkins and Aksana (as well as others—check the updates below!)For the most part, these don't come as much of a shock. In fact, most of them were on the watch list for potential releases on the WWE Roster Hierarchy here at Smark Out Moment. Still, Evan Bourne...
WWE announced this morning at four former superstars have been released from their contracts and are free to start booking appearances with other companies:
Some of the releases come as a surprise to some. Camacho was being pushed in NXT and Evan Bourne was wildly over before being sidelined with an injury. Bourne, a former tag team champion...
- Apparently Evan Bourne’s earlier tweet about being with WWE for 6 years this week led some fans to believe he was gone from the company. Bourne told fans he will be back in the ring soon and tweeted the following:
“Dudes! I’m celebrating my anniversary with WWE. It’s a positive thing. I’m grateful to be with WWE and I can’t wait perform again soon!”
As we’ve noted...
Before I get into this article I would like to say that since Triple H as been at the helm of wrestling’s biggest ship known as the WWE, business has really picked up.
Many people may not agree with my above statement, but you really have to look at it from a business side and not all fan sided. Many fans still believe in the storylines portrayed on television and look at Triple...
- WWE released the following attendance figures from New Orleans:
* WrestleMania XXX Axxess – 29,215 fans total over 7 sessions
* Hall of Fame ceremony – 10,855 fans
* WrestleMania XXX – 75,167 fans
* RAW – 13,299 fans
- Booker T noted on Twitter that former Reality of Wrestling commentator Rich Bocchini will make his debut on tonight’s WWE NXT episode.
- Evan Bourne has...