Originally written on Pro Sports Daily  |  Last updated 8/29/13

BRIDGEVIEW, IL - JULY 30: Andy Herron #26 of the Chicago Fire dribbles the ball Leighton Baines #3 of Everton FC during their international club friendly match on July 30, 2008 at Toyota Park in Bridgeview, Illinois. The Fire defeated Everton FC 2-0. (Photo by Jonathan Daniel/Getty Images)
Everton remain confident that full-back Leighton Baines will remain at Goodison Park beyond the end of the transfer window despite the England international making clear his interest in moving to Manchester United. Baines told new manager Roberto Martínez that he would like to move to Old Trafford if a deal could be agreed with his former manager David Moyes but he has stopped short of requesting a transfer. The initial key conversations regarding his future are understood to have taken place shortly after Martínez’s appointment in July at the start of pre-season and before Manchester United’s most recent double bid of £26 million involving Marouane Fellaini was lodged and angrily rejected. Everton insisted that Baines has never asked to leave nor shown any inclination to push for an exit from the Merseyside club despite harbouring ambitions to play in the Champions League and compete for the title. He has always seen United’s ­interest as representing a possible last chance t...
GET THE YARDBARKER APP:
Ios_download En_app_rgb_wo_45
MORE FROM YARDBARKER

Dolphins sign Josh Freeman just four days after cutting him

Teammate: Victor Cruz looks faster now than ever before

Donald Trump rips Boston mayor over failed Olympic bid

Power struggles becoming the norm for successful franchises

Report: Tom Brady destroyed phone, suspension to be upheld

LIKE WHAT YOU SEE?
GET THE DAILY NEWSLETTER:

J.J. Watt calls training camp 'the greatest'

Hibbert asked agent to find him a coach who played in NBA

Irsay, Goodell haven't spoken about Deflategate since January

Arizona Cardinals make Jen Welter first female NFL coach

Larry Bird: Michael Jordan would kill me in 1-on-1 now

Junior Seau family says Hall of Fame went back on its word

Six players poised for big year after season-ending injuries

‘Mystery pooper’ torments golf course by defecating in holes

Gyllenhaal’s parents made him turn down ‘Mighty Ducks’ role

Eli, Romo channel Rob Lowe in new DirecTV commercials

Troy Tulowitzki, the Blue Jays, and upgrading strengths

Nick Saban has incredible advice for his players on chasing girls

Nik Stauskas trolls Thad Matta

Will Smith fires back at former teammate Junior Galette

Sammy Watkins: It's a "problem" if Bills don't win AFC East

The most important quarterback in the game?

Boston Mayor Walsh refusing to sign Olympic host contract

Chris Johnson accused of smashing up Rolls-Royce rental

Soccer News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

By clicking "Sign Me Up", you have read and agreed to the Fox Sports Digital Privacy Policy and Terms of Use. You can opt out at any time. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.
the YARDBARKER app
Get it now!
Ios_download En_app_rgb_wo_45

Cardinals hire first female NFL coach

Larry Bird: Michael Jordan would kill me in 1-on-1 now

Seau family: HOF broke their word

Kobe to see time at power forward next year

Mike Pettine not ruling out Manziel

Galette appears to unload on Payton

Dez Bryant in 'financial distress' before signing new deal

Top 10 CFB coaches on the hot seat

Was Popovich close to retiring last year?

Kyle Busch continues historic run with Brickyard win

WATCH: Mike Trout HR lands in 'Trout Net'

With Cueto dealt, what's the market for other pitchers?

Today's Best Stuff
For Publishers
Company Info
Help
Follow Yardbarker