Found January 27, 2013 on
Inter Milan president Massimo Moratti believes the deal to take Philippe Coutinho to Liverpool will work out well for everyone.
It emerged earlier this week that the Reds were closing in on a move for the winger after agreeing a fee with the Serie A club.
And it appears Inter are already planning for the future without Coutinho after Moratti confirmed that they would look to use the money from his sale to strengthen the squad.
He told Sky Italia: "The deal for Coutinho to Liverpool is an opportunity both for Inter and both for the player.
"We could be happy with the economic proposal and Coutinho could find the space he hasn't here. And then we'll have the opportunity to reinforce the team".
If the deal is completed, Coutinho would become the club's second signing of this transfer window following the ?12million capture of Daniel Sturridge from Chelsea.
Coutinho came through the youth system at Vasco da Gama before joining Inter at the age of 18.
BEST OF MAXIM
A person familiar with the situation says Liverpool has agreed on a fee with Inter Milan to sign Brazil playmaker Philippe Coutinho.
The person says the deal will cost Liverpool ?10 million ($13.5 million). The person spoke on condition of anonymity to confirm reports because details of the deal are yet to be completed.
The 20-year-old Coutinho will meet with Liverpool to agree...
Brendan Rodgers insisted he was hopeful of making additions to his Liverpool squad before the transfer window shuts on Thursday night.
The manager said he felt Sunday’s 3-2 defeat to Oldham highlighted the need for further depth to be added to the set-up.
Speaking at his pre-Arsenal news conference, Rodgers said “Yesterday highlighted that when we do change the team around,...