Found January 25, 2013 on
Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini has dismissed the latest speculation linking striker Mario Balotelli with a move to AC Milan .
Balotelli's future at City has been in question throughout January and reports in Italy suggest Milan remain interested in the player.
While the Serie A club have been priced out of a permanent deal for the 22-year-old forward, there have been fresh reports he could move on loan to the San Siro.
But Mancini insists there has been no approach for his compatriot or any other members of the City squad as he prepares his players for Saturday's FA Cup tie at Stoke .
Mancini said: "It is not true, Mario stays here. We didn't have any requests about Mario or other players."
Mancini has maintained this firm line on the possibility of Balotelli leaving the Etihad Stadium, even after a training-ground bust-up with the player earlier this month.
Milan are interested in the forward with vice-president Adriano Galliani issuing regular statements on the possibility of a deal but the club are unwilling to meet City's reported £28million valuation.
Galliani has urged City to lower the price but Mancini says he has no intention of letting his former Inter protege leave, even on loan.
When asked if Balotelli was part of his long-term plans, Mancini said: "Yes, Mario has another three years on his contract."
Mancini was speaking at a press conference to preview his side's FA fourth-round tie at Stoke.
The Balotelli subject was the first to be discussed and Mancini said: "For two years, the first question is always Mario!"
The transfer window closes next week but Mancini is not anticipating much activity.
He said: "I don't know but we don't have enough players. We are 18 players now. We can't sell any players."
When asked on the possibility of players coming in, Mancini said: "I think it is difficult."
BEST OF MAXIM
Italy coach Cesare Prandelli says Mario Balotelli will realize his true potential and Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini is right man to help him get there.
In an interview with Friday's Gazzetta dello Sport, Prandelli says ''the hope remains the same, that Mario decides to finally invest in himself; that he says, OK, now I'll become the best in the world ....
AC Milan president Silvio Berlusconi says it will not be signing Kaka or Mario Balotelli.
When asked on Thursday who of the duo was more likely to join this month, Berlusconi replied, ''neither of them, it's not possible to play Monopoly in times like this.''
Milan idol Kaka has been strongly linked with a return to the Italian club from Real Madrid, and said...
Mario Balotelli will stay: Roberto Mancini - originally posted on Soccerlens.comManchester City manager Roberto Mancini has dismissed suggestions of a possible move for striker Mario Balotelli to AC Milan in the January transfer window.
Super Mario is staying at Manchester City
The 22-year-old forward’s career at City has been littered with controversial incidents while his future...
AC Milan set to offer new £17m bid for Balotelli - originally posted on Soccerlens.comAC Milan are set to offer £17 million for Manchester City’s Mario Balotelli as the Serie A giants show serious intent to bring the striker to the San Siro.
Milan wants Super Mario
The 22-year-old’s future at the Etihad has come under constant speculation in recent months even though manager...
Speculation of Mario Balotelli’s possible move from Manchester City to AC Milan this month has been illuminated by stories of the striker mysteriously giving up his highly expensive rented property in Cheshire and inspiring an Italian hip-hop artist to write a song about the pitfalls of native citizenship.
There have been no stories of mass-philanthropy at petrol stations or schools...
AC Milan president Silvio Berlusconi feels the club have been priced out of moves for Mario Balotelli and Kaka.
The Rossoneri have admired Manchester City striker Balotelli for a long time, with vice-president Adriano Galliani issuing regular statements suggesting the Barclays Premier League club should lower their asking price from a reported 33million euros (£28million).
Football’s Believe it or not 2: 10 funny and strange football stories - originally posted on Soccerlens.comFollowing up on the earlier article – Football’s Believe it or not – I have compiled more of the most bizarre, strange and funny stories from the world of football.
Players invoke card frenzy
Jose Manuel Barro Escandon went a little bit card crazy in a match involving...
Caleb Ekuban, first from right, was named on the Chievo Verona bench on Saturday as they shocked Lazio 1-0 at the Stadio Olimpico
By Akyereko Frimpong Manson
Ghanaian youth forward Caleb Ekuban was named among the Chievo Verona substitutes when they shocked Lazio 1-0 in the Italian Serie A on Saturday.
The 18-year-old watched the entire action from the Chievo bench as they did...